1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Travelling To India With A My Lo

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by HappyMama, Feb 28, 2017.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Well, everyone already gave great suggestions. I had taken many change of clothes and most of it were used to I never repented carry all that. They spill water, milk or pee or poo leaks out in all those different poses in travel. Take change for yourself too. I had couple blankets (warm) too which were very useful in the flight. Then outside, one cotton blanket ( multipurpose ) was extremely useful.
    At 12 months, we had bassinet, no separate seat for kid. We took stroller which was waste and we were thinking of leaving it in India itself but did not. I never felt need of car seat too.
    Take all medicines carefully.
    Diapers for whole trip if possible else you get everything in India. Wipes - no need to take a lot and then sanitizer and hand wipes are important.

Btw, We took formula (baby formula) opened boxes in carry on also. No issues. They test it well. Whole milk I bought at airport but I am sure they would have let it pass. We had water in sippy cup that time. They passed it after testing. This time I had fresh milk in thermos. They passed it again after testing. We had yogurt packs too. You can take almost everything under baby food tag ;-)

Take mosquito repellents, sticks or bracelets. They do not work much in indian envrinoment but still take those and get netting in India.

Safe travel.

2. HappyMama

HappyMama New IL'ite

Thank you SanjuRuby3, Next week I have doctor's appointment. I will get all the medicines.

3. sonishah32

sonishah32 Junior IL'ite

Mosquito repellent bracelets and patches are easily available online and in stores of India. But buy the natural mosquito repellents that do not contain deet. Good knight patches, fabric roll-on, mosquito spray and mosquito repellent creams are 100% natural and very efficiently repels mosquitoes. It is the easiest way to repel mosquitoes As there are no vaccines available for dengue and malaria, it is better to be cautious rather than treating the diseases.