Travelling to Cologne, Germany

Discussion in 'Indians in Germany' started by shree2101, Dec 30, 2014.

1. SheebaMani

SheebaMani New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am living in Bonn with my husband since 2 years which takes around 30 mins from Cologne. Nice to see you all in this group.

If you need any information, let me know as well.

2. McNair

McNair Junior IL'ite

Hey shree,
    I am from Pune. yes, i have already received my visa approval. It took me a solid 3 months time to get it (the German visa office did some mistake while filing the file numbers for my husband and thus he has 2 file numbers to his name - which caused some confusion and needless to say the delay. Also, the Indian vfs people took time to reply the approval even though we knew that all the documents have been faxed already to India)

So, dont worry, The india vfs office tells me that a minimum 3 months will be required. You will recieve it soon dear (also account for the fact that winter holidays where on for them, so nothing happens in their offices at that time)

If your husband has a contact in the german office where he is working (I am assuming he already holds a job offer from germany) you can ask someone from the office to contact the local ZAV office to know more about your visa application status (that's how we cam to know about our file number confusion)

3. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi shree

I was applied visa on September but November only it's got proceeded. .. It will take time.. be cool... Ask your husband to track the status daily..

4. shylajar24

shylajar24 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am Sangeetha and landed from to cologne 2 weeks before. I m staying in hotel now.

5. shylajar24

shylajar24 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am working in client location in cologne. Please let me any one here in cologne.

6. mehrotra

mehrotra New IL'ite

Hii Shree,
    hope your visa process works out fast. let me know when you reach cologne...all the best

7. mehrotra

mehrotra New IL'ite

Hi Sangeetha,
    Where are you working? we can meet up sometime if you want...i live in sudstadt