Travelling to Cologne, Germany

Discussion in 'Indians in Germany' started by shree2101, Dec 30, 2014.

1. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Oh super. Then it's a honeymoon for you :).. cologne is a center place... winter season is going down slowly.

Let me know once you reach here... bangalore is ur birth city? Are you working? ?

2. Ayantani

Ayantani New IL'ite

Hello,
    Ok Great!!Hope to get in touch with you once you come here.I am staying at RamBouxStr..Just chill.All will be fine dear!!Hope to meet you soon dear!!.Wish you a safe travel!!

Bbye Take Care.

3. McNair

McNair Junior IL'ite

hi nagashree, I am also moving to Aachen, that's an hour or so away from Cologne the next month too! My husband has already moved and while I haven't yet lived there, I have collected some information myself to help us move there..

I know only things to carry (I collected the information from one of my friends who lives there). She asked me to carry only the necessary stuff which is costly over there (which is kind of important, since new comers do wish to save a few bucks in the initial stages)

- Carry the speciality utensils/spoons that we use here - like the daal's ladle, rolling pin (you get it there also though), etc
    - carry katoris (the bowls that you get over there are bigger in size and not fit for serving gravies and daal)
    - Carry a few induction save cookware - the small ones (my friend tells me that utensils bought from there cook foods faster than the utensils we take from here, so keep it to minimum)
    - Carry an induction cooker - its very expensive there

4. McNair

McNair Junior IL'ite

BTW, if you have already packed and all, did you get more information on what to carry or not? If you have, please do share it with me. Thanks

5. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

As McNair said utensils are too expensive... we can get the vessels with handle. i didnt buy the bowl to cook rice in pressure cooker but didnt get it here. very basic vessels buy it there itself.

if you want any info dont hestitate to ask me. i will help you my level best.

6. mehrotra

mehrotra New IL'ite

Hi girls ,
    I am also living in cologne since a year ..please let me know if anyone needs some info..also we can plan girls meetup in cologne...let me know who all are interested ??

7. shree2101

shree2101 New IL'ite

Hii Mehrotra,

Thats a good idea! Definetely we can meet up... Probably i may come there next month but not sure..

I applied for visa in november 17th... its been already two months over..but still am not able to know my visa status..My husband already submitted documents over there. But, dont know about the status :( ....

8. shree2101

shree2101 New IL'ite

Hi McNair,

My husband is there from last two years, so he has some Utensils already. But still i have packed few things like pressure cooker and mixer.

BTW, where are you from ?

Have u got Visa already ? how long they took to grant ur visa? Am still waiting for my Visa? :(

9. shree2101

shree2101 New IL'ite

Hi Bhuvana,

I was working before marriage. How about you? R u working over there? do u have kid?

Hey, after how many days of ur visa application. u got ur visa? am fed up of waiting, its been two months and a week over, still no status? i cal the consulate, they keep telling "its under proces".. nothing else than this statement.

10. shree2101

shree2101 New IL'ite

Hi Ayantani,

Thank u so much dear, sure v can b in touch. as i said.... still am waiting fr my visa...

what was ur experience in getting visa approval?