1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

torture -thy name is tooth

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by prijan, Nov 11, 2009.

1. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

hai all,
    here iam back to blogs after a long time.a visit to my home plus visitors and ofcourse my visit to dentist made blogging difficult .coming back to the subject, everyone of us would have visited a dentist but after several sittings with a dentist to set right my dental cap and wisdom tooth,i felt the worst pain apart from labour pain must be the pain in the tooth.
    my"wisdom" tooth(by the way,does it show how much of wisdom a human being has) was the villian this time. my kind dentist"god bless her soul"is a nice lady had patience to answer to all my "sillly questions" about my "wisdom" tooth.but the toughest part is the time after extraction of tooth,the greatest punishment i could ever have,she told me dont speak for few hours:rant.what ???that was the time when i felt "oh my god". i sent a sms to my hubby saying that i wuld not be speaking for few hours.my sms sounded back,message from hubby,"good,"(for me or for the house)" longing to enjoy the silence.":) grr.oh god,i could not even bite my teeth.that is where iam having problem. i messaged back,dear,"were you longing for this"have your time after all its only for few house.the irony is ,that is the time when i had to answer few calls,courier fellow irritated me,but i could not fire him.my dear daughter returned after school to find me"speechless".i wrote on the board and sighed to her."roti and alupalak on the table."she wrote back,mamma,palak today,oh no!!!
    i wrote back yu too dear.she again wrote,kidding ,take care and iam leaving for music classes." vidhi or fate :bonkcame in a different form when one of my bengali friend brought her mother in law to my house.i received her mil with folded hands(what a respect) and the same process continued,wrote every thing on the paper and smiled at her mil for everything.after artificial smile (couldnt open my mouth to flash my 100 watts smile)i was tired of writing every thing.hey bhagavan,is keeping silent that difficult???or iam finding it rather tough to keep my mouth shut???
    my dh returned home with a smile on his face(am i imagining)and was amused when i wrote everthing.of course after few hours i felt like (kalidasa after gaining varam from devi)as if i have gained a new boon,started speaking continuosly,for a person who expresses a lot,the few hours was torture.i wonder at people who keep mouna vrath one day every week.god save them....

ps.my dentist although a good soul ,looked at me to tell,if you have anything to say while i am working at your teeth,please raise your finger.i must me one of the rare patients of her,who raised my finger every 25 seconds.she told me,dear, i told you to raise the finger only if you are feeling very painful and it crosses bearing limits.what can i do but to stare at her and again raise my finger.dr dear,iam sorry,iam a bad patient.
    prijan.

2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

It was good reading your blog J So we can make a group at IL “Wise without wisdom” he he. When I got it extracted my doc said something very lovely. To have many ice-cream he he luckily he didn’t ask me to keep a mouna vratham. If so I don’t know how would have got through as you did. Really all those who keep mouna vratham have my hats off, its such a tough job for me.

3. deraj

deraj Platinum IL'ite

Very expressive one & funny too (to read). You are correct a home maker to keep mouth shut is a big task.

Enjoyed your blog Prijan

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

I enjoyed reading your piece. Your DH's response to your sms was hilarious.

Well, I have not considered the risky option of mauna vrath for a day though my wife will be ready to sacrifice her entire monthly allowance for that precious day.

But these things teach us not to take anything in life for granted.

I loved reading your blog, Prijan. Good work.
    regards,
    sridhar

5. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

thanks amihere for your wonderful feedback.ah yes,my doc asked me to take an icecream too.but i was in no mood to enjoy the icecream.mounavratham is one thing i always dread.i can go without food but not without speech.thanks a lot once again.
    prijan

6. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

thanks deraj for the fb.visiting a dentist has become a nightmare.but the fear of toothache makes me rush to the dentist.
    thanks once again for the fb.
    prijan

7. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

respected sir,
    thankyou for your great fb.feel honoured.you are right."pal ponal sol pochu " what an apt saying in my case too.anyway ,that day i felt very bad for those people who have disability in speech.aren't we taking this god given boon for granted and speak all nonsense without thinking even for a minute.i learnt a lesson,to be even more careful while using my words.
    thanks sir ,
    prijan.