1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Too many Health problems..

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by jaaisu, Dec 6, 2011.

1. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

2. chenchal009

chenchal009 Senior IL'ite

Ladies,

why certain food items are suggested to be avoided ?

especially beans of cabbage in case of hypothyroid ?

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Chenchal in certain conditions (I don't like to call them disease) there are certain chemicals released by the food we eat that could restrict the functioning or recovery.

in hypothyroid, the functioning is reduced and there is not much thyroid hormones produced. cabbage and some vegetables and foods have goitrogens that do not allow the utilitisation of iodine which is important in the production of the hormones.

like in case of kidney stones we need to reduce the intake of foods that have the tendency to create more oxalates.

in case of uric acid, there are foods that break and produce that contain purines which produces uric acids. sometimes uric acids deposit and stick to the joints and start giving pains. so you need to restrict foods that contain purines. for example red meat..

In all the conditions you need to go on a best suited diet,exercise and good sleep.

1 person likes this.
  4. chenchal009

chenchal009 Senior IL'ite

Shanvy thanks a lot for such clear explanation.

infact I have met quiet a few nutritionists but never did I feel that they knew what they were talking about, felt they did not possess info knowledge to give me guidance, thus I have prepared my own chart, touch wood so far been gd, but not sure how its gng to be in future.