1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Toddler finger food rceipes needed

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by RamyaSridhar1978, Jan 3, 2012.

1. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Hi all
    I think every child and every thing has a phase and it's own time..
    I was initially worried my kids are just in the mushy stage but eventually they developed the need to bite and have started eating our kind of food. I think it's just a matter of time . Now my child is come to the stage of wanting to eat things on their own.. For which I am falling short of receipe ideas..
    Pl contribute any ideas veg receipe which hey can hold and eat.
    They hate idli dosa excepting that. Ne other receipes will do..
    FYI hey r 19mnths now.
    Thanks

2. riefa

riefa Bronze IL'ite

hi, you can try banana pancake..tofu nugget..etc.
    Have a search on wholesomebabyfood website, they got many excellent recipe.

3. renic

renic New IL'ite

Hi,

My daughter is going through this phase too...she's 17 months old and just doesn't like being spoon fed...and she too doesn't eat idli or dosa..for breakfast i usually give her sweet potato muffins ( u can find the recipe here : Homemade Baby Food Recipes To Help You Create A Healthy Menu For YOUR Baby ) or uppma ..i make both of them into small balls and leave it on the plate ..she either picks them up or uses a fork...for lunch i give her dhal + rice +potato/carrot/brocolli..which i again make into small balls...
    if anyone has other finger food recipes for toddlers pls share them as i feel tat she gets bored with these...

Regards,
    Reni.

4. sbehl

sbehl Bronze IL'ite

HI friends,

Good Day to all of you , I am also suffering the same problum . My kid is 3 yeards old & very fussy eater. he eat nothing , some time he eat chapati but without veggies. so plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me for some receips which he likes & eat . one more thing i m working women so its not possible for me to take a plate all the time

so need ur help frds.

5. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

6. kohald

kohald New IL'ite

when my princess started to eat she love to have yellow lentil soup, sooji kheer and boiled and mashed potatoes+peas

7. Brinda1

Brinda1 Bronze IL'ite

I give DS Adais, cheela, omelets, boiled veggies(big size, so he can eat himself), pieces of bread/toast, alu tikkis, rotis made with dal or stuffed parathas, fruits, dry fruits. Still, he does get bored. I am now trying really hard to get him to learn to eat with a spoon so that the scope of what I can offer him becomes more.