To all friends who posts recipes!!!

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by sonu_627, Jan 24, 2006.

1. sonu_627

sonu_627 Silver IL'ite

Dear friends,

i would like to thank first to all u friends who post recipes in this forum.Like Mrs chitraji, prathi, meena ,and others.but only thing difficlt is as a north indian i feel too difficult to understand what ingredients u all write.Like mostly all south indian recipes are mind blowing but some of the ingredints which are tamil names or malayam name...we dont understand .I m sorry to say but it will be very nice if u all post english names in brackets so we can go through it perfectly.

And all those who post recipes are doin great job.Atleast for me as i m getting new new south indian recipes which i never heard or ate.Trying those recipes are adventurous.:clap

Heartly wishes n lots of love to Mrs. Chitra Vishwanathan.I had tried most of her recipes and they are too superb.

i even tried Karnataka recipes..too good.

Thanks once again...

Sonu

Thanks...
    sonu

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006

2. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Dear sonu,

First of all thanks for ur appreciation. I am trying to post as many english names as possible. Some names of vegetables/ingredients, i am not so familiar in english. Anyway, I shall go thru all my posts and make english additions wherever i know. May be u can check the edited versions in he thread karanataka recipes by tomorrow.

I know how tough it gets when u cant uunderstand the name of a vegetable or ingredient.

Thanks for the suggestion.

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Sonu !

Dear Sonu,
    I just saw your mail. Thankyou very much. I know some Tamil names may not be comfortable to you, but for some words, no glossary on the net gives equivalents.
    Anyway, I shall specially bear this point in mind when I post further recipes. Or if you ask me ine forum also, somebody who knows, may reply.
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. sonu_627

sonu_627 Silver IL'ite

Thanks!!!

Hi,

Thanks Prathi and Chitraji for your instant reply.Staying in south east asia countries like Singapore and Malaysia for 5 yrs where there is huge community of south indian n serves sounth indian food in hotels i started liking south indian foods alot.and in this site also there are varieties of south indian dishes which i appreciate alot...

Therefore i requested to add english names also while posting recipes.Theres large number of north indian viewers who appreciate this site but diificult to understand few terms.

Thanks once again

Sonu