1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

tired of answering nosy relatives!

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by cheesecake, Jan 19, 2015.

1. cheesecake

cheesecake Senior IL'ite

hi i am new to a country ans as soon as i moved relatives started asking about my social life.how will i make friends so soon when i have just moved and trying to adjust and set up home and explore the new place.i am tired of this stupid nosy question that if i have made any freinds and then they try to show sympathy or think that i am reserved and introvert which i am not.it really ruins my day when my relative ask this whenver i talk to them.please suggest me a good response to this condescending and nosy question about my social life.

2. cheesecake

cheesecake Senior IL'ite

Only views no replies :(

3. AruljothiD

AruljothiD Silver IL'ite

sorry to say, i have moved to canada before 3 months i get these questions frequently ..i find it as a normal behavior .. they r curious to know about the place n people o they ask these questions.. (its purely based on my experience )

2 people like this.
  4. cheesecake

cheesecake Senior IL'ite

Thasks.So what do you reply to them aruljothiD?

5. AruljothiD

AruljothiD Silver IL'ite

i explained about the places in the beginning . Sadly i dont have any new friends in canada so No Friends Yet is the answer. As the weather changed i dont go out much is the recent answer.

3 people like this.
  6. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Also, am busy settling home or NOT too many Indians in this apartment would be good too. Keep telling them, that seeing Indians at your place is very rare, as your apartment is filled with Americans. Somehow many of the relatives are Ok with these answers.

Mostly, they ask as they genuinely care about you feeling good. So try adding few more statements to ease their mind, on how you pass your time.. ie, you read lot of books ..get Indian-tv channels here, and try out different dishes during your spare time, etcs

I think it bothers you, probably because you are feeling lonely. Try and keep yourselves busy. Limit the hours on phone, so you find time to spend on other ways to live your day !

All the very Best !

1 person likes this.