Tired In Morning

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by WorkingWoman, Jul 12, 2017.

1. WorkingWoman

WorkingWoman Gold IL'ite

Hello ladies,

By the time I have to leave home for office I feel so tired that I just want to collapse on bed and sleep.
    I have the same typical tasks in the morning like everyone. Prepare boxes for DD's school. Prepare our breakfast and lunch. I wake up at 6 and leave office at 10. I take breakfast at 8-8:30.

However I have this lack of energy.. or is it laziness. Do any of you feel like this ever and how do you cope with that?

Waiting for suggestions.

2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

describe what you eat, as well as what you do everyday.... in detail. What you eat, what you do, what exercises you get through the day, what regular medicines/vitamins you take, etc.. would dictate how you feel. And besides, sometimes people who are unhappy or frustrated at work, may feel like not going there in the morning.

3. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

@WorkingWoman - I had similar experience. I started taking cereal with fruits and nuts in the morning then it was OK for me(not great). If you take pongal vada like breakfast you are sure to feel sleepy feeling. You can take some multivitamin s to avoid lethargic feeling. In the mid morning u can have cut carrots and cucumbers to munch . No no for too much of junkies with masala.

4. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Prepare fresh food with proper planning. Actually more than cooking thinking and planning menu is tiresome.
    Hearing to good music during cooking and other household works can fresh the mood. Also understand if you have any health issues such as thyroid or weight issues. Take care and stay positive.

Sweety82 likes this.
  5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

If you are eating well and sleeping well please check with your doctor. It could be many other reasons such as anemia, celiac disease ( a kind of food intolerance), chronic fatigue syndrome, etc.

6. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

First of all its normal to feel tired due to so much household work and office work..apart from that better to get blood tests to rule out anaemia, vitamin B and vitamin D deficiencies and Thyroid disorders.
    Sometimes the monotonous routine and day to day work related stress makes a person tired.
    No it's not laziness. I have experienced same when I was working earlier.

sindmani and blissofmylife like this.
  7. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Add dry fruits, fruits, milk little more in your menu. Practice evening walks without mobile etc.. it can make your body and mind relaxed and fresh

And after 30 need some multivitamin tablets to body which can boost your strength try it.

8. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

I would feel tired if I was preparing breakfast and lunch before heading to work. I know a lot of women do this , but I cannot. My morning routine involves making tea, packing lunch ( previous day's leftover) and breakfast on weekdays is bread with egg whites or something easy. Can you prepare things ahead of time, so mornings are not tiring ? If this has been your routine all along and you started to feel tired recently, get some blood work done to rule out anemia , multivitamins might also help. Most important of all, make sure you have a healthy and wholesome diet. Take care

BhumiBabe likes this.
  9. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Like everyone suggested, check your diet and health. May be need to add supplements. If I stand 1 hrs in kitchen in the morning, I feel tired too.
    I do not cook much in the morning, only bkfast, but still feel like lot to me.

Try to take shower after chores(specially kitchen work). That fragrance from shampoos/cremes in shower also helps the nerves open up. Moreover, morning rush, getting kiddo ready, making her eat, all that adds to anxiety. Try to reduce morning chores by preparing. And if you are in india, you can easily hire help. Take some days break from morn chores like lunch at office day etc.
    May be take some days from work too. I know, we woman go through that phase. Men somehow manage.

Needtobestrong likes this.
  10. anupama1

anupama1 Platinum IL'ite

I have been through this,then I switched to regular diet of millets and started pranayama .
    I don't feel that tired now ( don't know which one has helped or it must be a combo of both:smiley:)
    Just as others have suggested a visit to a doctor is a must to analyse what is tiring you.:)