1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Tips to get rid of knee pain

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by daisy2015, Sep 15, 2015.

1. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

Hello all. Knee pain is one of the common problems we hear in every family. I wanted to start a thread for this so that it would be helpful for many who are suffering and are searching for remedies. Please post natural remedies (including the do's and don't s) that you know of to get rid of knee pain?

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@daisy2015 - It's best to get it checked out by a doctor and find the root cause of the pain. I would say the first step in preventing any kind of pain is to keep moving, exercise right, use proper equipment and start slow and gradually increase pace.

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Laks: I have had a blown out knee (had a replacement also) and when that happens in order to put off surgery as long as possible you have to not do all of that. Bone on bone gets to be really grim.

OP: go to a good orthopedist and find out what is going on. Depending on what they see, they will tell you what you should and shouldn't do.

A lot of the positions that are common amongst Asians (not just Indians) are hell on knees.

1 person likes this.
  4. daisy2015

Thank you for giving reply Laks09, tashidelek2002. I have heard so many complaining about knee pains. so I thought why not start a thread where people who have already faced it and have successfully overcome it could provide a few tips. It would be of much help to all those who are suffering even after visiting a doctor. Sometimes a small home remedy cures an ailment quicker than a tablet. Just a thought.

5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Daisy - There is no one size fit all for any injury. It's best to get it checked out by a doc and not rely on home remedies to prolong any injury. I can't stress enough about proper injury rehabilitation. If not, a tiny issue may blow itself out of proportion.

6. paramlav

paramlav Silver IL'ite

My grand ma use to do these remedies :-
    Soak overnight ladies finger in glass of water and drink early morning on empty stomach .
    If any pain with drumstick leave they use to tie as bandage, applying bitter gourd waste on knee may also helps .
    Before that as our frnds suggested get checkup with orthopedics

7. daisy2015

A friend of mine is suffering with knee pain and has visited doctors but to no use. She asked me if i know any remedies. I couldn't think of one. So I thought may be IL's could share a few remedies they know to get relief from pain.

8. daisy2015

Thank you so much for the reply.

9. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

Like every one here has correctly pointed out First thing is to seek medical advise to know the cause as there are may causes. some will benefit from home remedies some will not. So 1st thing is to determine the cause. It can be artheritis, gout, injury or anything else each needing different treatment.

Drinking Haldi in milk and taking soaked methi seeds in yoghert help generally.

Then there are Homeopathic Ayurvedic medicines, as well as faith healing!!! I my self was healed by a Christian Faith healer on TV!

But this is a good thread so all kinds of treatments can be compiled together.