1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Time To Feel Grateful

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Cheeniya Sir, for having ended this year with a wonderful and thought provoking message. We all grew up in tiny spaces, where there was always somebody within our reach, a human touch, in times of happiness or distress. The perfect bonding between relations, always brought some warmth in our lives, making one feel enriched. But nowadays, reaching a human voice even among the best technologies offered by various agencies, has put a big question mark,about the quality of life we are going to lead in future.
    Anyway let us hope for the best, where the bonds between human relationships get stronger, where trust and affection and not money, plays a dominant role in our lives.
    Wish you a happy, peaceful and healthy 2018.

Regards,

Agatha83

iyerviji likes this.
  2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

I just read the message.There cannot be a better New year message.

Wish you Happy and Prosprous New Year.

jayasala 42

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@MonikaSG
    So beautifully articulated! I cannot express it better

MonikaSG likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

@joylokhi
    Dear joylokhi
    So beautifully put! These lines remind me of the amazing life of Helen Keller
    She was born deaf and blind but made a mark for herself with great determination. Her life story is truly amazing. Look at her signature: [​IMG]
    It amazes me more than all her achievement in her life span of 88 years. She was an author, political activist, and lecturer.
    Such persons motivate me a lot when I feel low. Self pity is the greatest stumbling block in our life. Let's get rid of it.
    I wish you a great New Year joylokhi!
    Sri

joylokhi likes this.
  5. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Accepting someone as more better show your humble nature...thanx for the appreciation...I like your write ups but never had anything to say on it. So I just put on some words of him which coincidentally I read same time when I read your post.

6. Cheeniya

@shyamala1234
    My dear Syamala
    It has been so long since we exchanged our views!
    Thank you for your New Year wishes. Healthy and peaceful are two crucial ingredients of a happy life at my age. You are very insightful in highlighting them.
    Your words remind me of Saint Thyagaraja's endarO mahAnubhAvulu-andariki vandanamulu (Salutations to all those great men in this world). I once listened to a lecture on Self Made Men. The speaker chided all those who were described as self-made. He said that for almost the first twelve months, we were at the total mercy of our mothers who kept feeding us and doing all other things to keep us healthy and cheerful. We learned our lessons from our teachers. All these helped us to settle down in life. Then how could anyone call himself self made, he asked. I tend to agree with him. Many people have assisted us in becoming what we are. They are real 'mahanubhavulu in our lives.
    So very true. All problems in our life are those created by ourselves by being very possessive of something or other. It is a paradox that many couples get separated by being over possessive. Possessiveness drives people away from each other. I remember a movie titled Puthu Puthu Arthangal which was produced by K Balachander. The story is about an extremely possessive wife of the hero who lands herself finally in a mental asylum!
    Let us all wear our head and be happy in life.
    My best wishes to you for a great New Year!
    Sri

iyerviji likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

@Agatha83
    Dear Agatha
    George Orwell wrote Nineteen Eighty Four on what the world would be around that year. He created a tyrant who he called Big Brother who wields total control over everything. He wrote this novel in 1949. From the shape of life we are going through, such a life is well within the realms of possibility. All Governments of advanced nations have already put in place a control system using the advanced technology. Gullible citizens applaud such efforts without realising where it could lead them eventually.
    I hope so too but it is not the money that interests the leaders but the power. I remember this limerick:

God's plan made a hopeful beginning
    But man spoiled his chances by sinning.
    We trust that the story
    Will end in God's glory
    But at present the other side's winning.

I wish you a glorious New Year!
    Sri

8. Cheeniya

@jayasala42
    Thank you jayasala for your kind appreciation.
    I wish you a glorious New Year of excellent health, cheer and a feeling of fullfillment
    Sri

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

What a great way to reach the end of the wonderful year 2017! I feel very blessed to be in the company of many people who reminds me of right living whether they are believers or non-believers. I waited and waited for a snippet from you for long and you have posted one when I was on the plane back to Florida from snow-filled Michigan. Hence there was a delay in my response.

We are lucky to be born in India to be raised surrounded by Churches, Mosques, Gurudwaras, Temples of Jains, Jews and Hindus. Particularly, if one lives in Chennai (Mandaveli or Mylapore or Triplicane), he/she can wake up everyday to the prayers coming from Mosque at 5 a.m. When I heard about the Islamic people making vegetarian meals to serve the Hindus and the Hindus cleaning up the Mosques flooded during the last year's Chennai rains, I felt the unity of all religions. Christian Missions are quietly educating millions of Indians as much as Ramakrishna Missions. India is truly a melting pot of all religions. Whenever I read that nearly 100,000 meals are prepared by the volunteers in Golden Temple, one can feel the universal love. Dalai Lama keeps sharing His holy messages from time to time to people from all religions.

When I visited my Guru a few years back, there was an event in which learned people talked about many religions and the teachings spreading universal love for one another. Even today, the US organization of our beloved Guru gave direction for us to sing a Universal Prayer every week before commencing the spiritual season. Here is the set of prayers:

Aum Bhoor Bhuvah Suvah
    Tat Savithur Varenyam
    Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi
    Dhiyo Yonah Prachodayaat

Meaning: Oh Mother, who subsists in all the three Kaalas (Time: Past, Present and Future), in all the three lokas (Lokas: Heaven, Earth and Lower Regions) and in all the three gunas (Gunas – Attributes: Sathwa, Rajas and Thamas) I pray to Thee, to illumine my intellect and dispel my ignorance just as the splendorous sunlight dispels all darkness. I pray to Thee to make my intellect serene and bright and enlightened.

Our Father who Art in Heaven hallowed be Thy name
    Thy kingdom come Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven
    Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses
    As we forgive those who trespass against us
    (And) Lead us not into temptation
    But deliver us from evil
    For Thine is the Kingdom and the Power and the Glory forever and ever
    Amen

Ashem Vohu Vahishtem Asti
    Ushta Asti Ushta Ahmai
    Hyat Ashai Vahishtai Ashem

Meaning: Righteousness is the best good (and it) is happiness. Happiness(is) to him, who is righteous, for the sake of the best righteousness

Namo Tassa Bhagavato Arahato Samma Sambuddhassa
    Buddham Sharanam Gatchami
    Dhammam Sharanam Gatchami
    Sangham Sharanam Gatchami

Meaning: I seek refuge in the Buddha I seek refuge in Dharma (Righteousness) I seek refuge in Sangha (Holy order/Community)

Sch’ma Yisrael, Adonai Eloheinu, Adonai Echad Adonai Echad (2)

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord

Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem (3)
    La Ilaha illallah Allah Allah (3)

In the name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful. There is no God but God.

Viswa

kkrish and joylokhi like this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna

Namaskaram, excellent post by you at the end of the year. I second what Agatha has posted. Icant write like her. I studied in a Convent school where all casts were there , so had Christian and Muslim friends. The first job I worked for 36 years also had only christian ladies in the beginning and I was the only South Indian. Later there were so many south indian men and some ladies too. On the whole we all are one , while going we are not going to take anything with us. My cousin sister used to say should not differentiate whether Hindu, Christian or muslim because we dont know who will come to our help when we are leaving the world.

Once we started seeing the beauty of life,
    ugliness starts disappearing.
    If we start looking at life with joy,
    sadness starts disappearing.
    We cannot have heaven and hell together,
    We can have only one.It is our choice…osho

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kkrish, MonikaSG and joylokhi like this.