Threads about schools - MOVED - Want to know the reason WHY?

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by vbrintha, Dec 7, 2008.

1. vbrintha

vbrintha New IL'ite

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know the reason, why most of the threads are moved and where they are moved?

Regards
    Brintha

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Brintha,
    All these queries have been merged to this thread as they want some information or other about some school in Chennai.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  3. vbrintha

vbrintha New IL'ite

Hi Janani,

Thanks for the info.

Actually, I feel that putting all the school information together in one thread is very difficult to track our question. Either threads should be created according to schools or according to area.

Though there are more information about the chennai schools in this forum, new people join and they come with different set of questions and want information about more number of school. Moving the information to one thread has the following disadvantages

1. Questions gets missed. I do not know where my question is now. I asked for some specific information. Heading of the thread might look similar, but the information which I want is someting different. My question is somewhere inside the common thread for schools and I am not able to get it now.
    2. The purpose of these kinds of forums gets defeated. Forums are to ask new questions. There are 1000 of questions which comes into people mind daily. Putting all in a single forum is not a good solutions. Only the last question will be answered. Then people lose interest in the forum when they feel that their question is missed.
    3. If questions are moved, only questions which are untouched for a long time should be moved to a common thread. Also since this is school opening time, moving questions to a single thread will create lot of confusion.

Thanks
    Brintha

4. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Brintha,
    The main purpose of having a specific thread that answers queries is for the members can look at it and get their doubts answered. Everyday as you said if there are a new set of questions then do post them there so that not only you but many can benefit from it. For every schoool or area we cannot have seperate info for it wiill become a little too vast.
    There have been repeated pleas from Shanvy , as she answers most of the queries as to go through the forum before posting another set of questions , but all I see is new questions , that have been answered being posted as a new query again.
    No need to be confused or perturbed as long as you get the info you asked for. If you have a real problem in locating your post you can ask like you did now. Only the topics that are pertaining to a particlar thread with be merged and not just any post. For Queries about schools there is a seperate thread and for KG admissions another, but the fact that a new post springs up every other day is the main reason for having one place for all questions. Hope your doubts have been put to rest.