1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thought-provoking Short Films

Discussion in 'Movies' started by anushri, Dec 9, 2017.

1. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Anu, I watched this shortfilm few days back and quite liked the conversation part. Very rarely in Tamil movies we get to hear the characters talking from the heart. I liked the analysis 'woman can love more than one person at the same time' - I found that to be true, but I was wondering if she was talking about Romantic love. If so I doubt if that's true. When the man said, 'men cant take rejections' - I was like -yes, tonnes of tamil movies are based on that - where hero chases the girl until he gets an 'Yes'.

Lakshmy Priya and Harish Uttaman have real good on-screen chemistry. I liked them in 'Kalaivu' short film too.

Shanvy and anushri like this.
  2. rajarun

rajarun Silver IL'ite

Thank you....

3. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

ILT
    Nice to know your views. I would like to add a few..
    I too agree anyone can love more than one person at the same time. But a girl can be romantically inclined towards only one person at a time...
    Coming to Men cant take rejections part... I feel any one who is super sensitive can't take rejections..

ILoveTulips likes this.
  4. ILoveTulips

I too think thats true anu.

anushri likes this.
  5. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

I think their children would be more welcoming to a sibling, despite the circumstances, rather than a sordid affair. It may actually benefit the family to have an additional member, when they are so close to losing one. And the blind girl, she would finally have a family.

ILoveTulips and anushri like this.
  6. ILoveTulips

watched this one sof... very funny!!

7. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@anushri i was about to post maa. must to be seen by both parents and kids. i loved the mature way she handles it. the mother is so natural next door. if people wonder is it possible i know of a case where thr girl gave birth at school and she had no clue neither the parents and there are few cases in a some elite school chennai. will not take names ..
    the girl asking ennama pannum and her mom’s expression in the pg kit scene was good. same when she asks the dr vazhikama.. and the patience with which the mom handles the daughters request of papava vechhikalaama.and when she meets the boy.. well articulated and a lesson in handling adoloscent kids. we need more such movies and in main stream too..

rmpriya, anushri, puni88 and 2 others like this.
  9. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Loved, loved, loved this film Anu! I finally watched it today, on your birthday! You go birthday girl yo!:dev14::dev14:

Back to the film, it's such a beautiful and well taken film. I can feel each and every scene, the acting was that good! The mother (Kani) is fabulous! I've seen her earlier in a relatively small-budget film called Kalam but she didn't impress me then! Here, she was just too good!

Apart from the acting, I also like the subtle touches in the film. Like Kani's character who allows her daughter to wear shorts and play hockey. Her husband, although a lecturer, is shown to being more orthodox when he squirms at the sight of his daughter wearing shorts but Kani never shows that sort of inclination throughout the film. Her shock, anger and frustration when she got to know about her daughter's pregnancy, the fear and anxiety that follows and finally the calm and collected way she handles the entire abortion phase as well as preparing her daughter to face life boldly once again, every single scene was shot beautifully and in a matured manner.

Loved it! Thanks Anu for sharing this film!

10. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

That's such a wonderful and touching movie. Thanks for sharing.

puni88 likes this.