1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Tiring 'me'

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Aug 10, 2017.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

The Tiring 'ME'
    Yes I can tire myself. I need no body to do that.

Sometimes I stop listening to myself. Not sometimes, quite often. I am made of two MEs ! One inside, the other outside. It is the one inside that tires me. I am happy with the one outside because it never interferes, rather it encourages me to go and do what I like.

The one inside, never stops talking to me, talkative fellow! To be honest, I agree with this me on all accounts like I should be truthful, honest, compassionate and all that. I agree with this me and even promise to follow its advice but by the evening or morning I break that promise.

Many a times it has told me not to preach what I do not practice and I promise to preach only what I practice but I fail to keep my promise. I used to write lot of preaching stuff from the scriptures and stopped for a while as per voice from the me within. Within no time, I started surmonising like a living sage on this planet.

Many a times I promised not to smoke or drink on its advice but could not keep it. There are hundreds of broken promises. If some of them I kept or the inner me may tend to believe so , let me tell it that it was done for some other reason like health or other compelling circumstances but surely not on its advice.

Surprisingly, some of its advice resonate to what I was told my parents. I was in a position to follow that like never insult your elders, never willingly hurt others, never steal from others and stuff like that. For that the credit goes to my parents and not to my inner 'me'.

It keeps me tiring though.

jskls and SCSusila like this.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

The message'Listen to your parents.
    Jayasala42

3. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Often, a theatrical device for the inner voice, would be a "bird on the shoulder" talking into the ear. Occasionally if the person does not take the advice, the bird can also punish:

[​IMG]

4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Hariji,
    Inner voice is the loudest, strongest and many times correct also. If we do not listen to it...it nags and nags till we listen to it. To men....it is worst than wife's nagging (of course many husbands also nag, not gender based).
    Why parents' teachings stay forever is they get embedded in our system forever!
    Outside advices, teachings and preaching we can ignore, many times we ignore....listen with one ear and leave out from the other ear. It does not need any effort. So, it does not tire us. But the inside one never leaves....so tires us and no escape from it.
    Syamala

SCSusila likes this.
  5. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

Nice thoughts .
    We are all split personalities only , one oerson inside another like those Russian Nesting Dolls . :)
    The Inside Person is always the older one , retaining whatever parents and elders taught. So this person , like a Parent, will keep advising and guiding .

Most of the time ,what we call " gut feeling " is right .

HariLakhera and shyamala1234 like this.
  6. HariLakhera

In short, yes. Since parents wil not be always with you, listen to that 'me' inside. It keeps us telling to the right things, do good, be good and so in but we do not listen. It does not tire but we get tired and ignore its instructions.

7. HariLakhera

What a great example. If we don't listen we have to be ready for punishment also. But then the punishment is not quite defined as to why and for what so we keep on disregarding the 'me' .

8. HariLakhera

True. The me inside is a fellow traveler sort of, our own shadow. It keeps on cautioning us, guiding us, annoying us. Given a choice, may be we will shunt it out or shut it up. It is not aware of the difficult track we travel in our day to day life but keeps on honking from within.

9. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Suniye man ki baath,
    Jab bhi lagaye haath,
    Cigarette sharaab ka chode saath
    Phir acha hoga apka medical chart
    Hari om!

shyamala1234, Naari and jskls like this.
  10. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Sometimes both the Inner me and Outer me becomes too tired to even think or act. Still life goes on .... wonder who guides the outer me then

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    shyamala1234 likes this.