The spiritual significance of Navaratri.

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Sep 21, 2006.

1. sreeraga

sreeraga Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mam,
    And I forgot to mention about the beautiful picture of the goddess in my previous post..Divinely beautiful & thanks for sharing the picture with us..

regards
    AS

2. sreeraga

sreeraga Silver IL'ite

Dear Mrs Chitra,
    As I had earlier mentioned in one of my posts, can ypu please guide me how to do Kamadenu Pooja. My mom had recently given me a Kamadenu idol (cow & calf together of Panchaloha). I remember she used to do Kamadenu pooja along with the Kuthuvilaku on Fridays. Since i have brought it over here to abudhabi & now that Navarathri is gonna start I want to include it in my pooja. Please tell me if there is specific sloka or Ashtothara or some pooja procedure has to be followed.

regards
    AS

3. snadupalli

snadupalli New IL'ite

Dear Chithra akka
    thanks for posting excellent information, praying God for well being of you and your family. can you please post "chakshushopanishad" & "sri pragnavivardhan stotram" which helps today's children from eye diseases and also develop concentrate with good memory power. will be glad if an audio and pdf is available. regards Indira

4. santidan

santidan New IL'ite

I am belongs from Odisha (east) want to know about laxmi puja.
    Like:
    can i kept the murti south-facing.
    what is the ideal timing of puja performing daily.
    in bramha muhurta or in samudrama.
    can i place murti in wall self . because above the puja self.. there is two self above puja self. is it right to place murti in there.

I want to place a Maa Laxmi Statue in my home. I have no special room for puja.

5. mimisuresh82

mimisuresh82 New IL'ite

Re: I am sounding Like a Parrot......

Hi,

When is karvachauth? IS it on 2nd November or 3rd November? Kinda confused. Do let me know please please please. Somewhere it is written 2nd November and somewhere it is 3rd november. Please tell me the right date for karvachauth

6. sandhyars

sandhyars Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra maam,
    Thanks for the wonderful explanation. I would like to know what is the significance of "kanya puja" and "Suvasini puja" during navarathri?

7. smilysmile

smilysmile Gold IL'ite

Thank you Chitvish Ma'am,truly enjoyed your post on second day of Navaratri

8. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

really nice cultural days, meeing all the friends ans children's prove the efficent, women share the feel of sole by singing. really misssss all of them, i am happy to be here atleast I got a chance to recollect those Golden days. I will post soon after 4th of October with more details :)