1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Replacement

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by ILoveTulips, Oct 19, 2019.

1. SpringB

SpringB Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations :cheer::number_one:on your FP win. A well deserved win.

yes your explanation sounds reasonable. I was taken aback when I read that you had spent months on this story! Wow :sconf: You should find a publisher ! Will be wonderful to see it on print. Can’t wait to read your future writings :thumbup:

ILoveTulips likes this.
  2. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Haha but like Tuls mentioned, even the two female ghosts were not named too. Lizzy and Hannah were just names that the guy kept to differentiate between the two! And that's an interesting move too- not to name the lead characters and let us guessing til' the end.

puni88, ILoveTulips and kkrish like this.
  3. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Tuls, heartiest congratulations on winning the finest post! :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer: Seriously, a well deserved win! Please keep surprising us and entertaining us with your amazing writing! :number_one::number_one:

puni88 and ILoveTulips like this.
  4. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

Lovely story dear ILT, i m little scared to read ghost stories usually hence was just skipping team many a times, even after opening it. This month nominations dragged me here and i read the entire story in one shot.

Amazing story and depiction, enjoyed reading thoroughly. Hearty congratulations to you.

puni88 and ILoveTulips like this.
  5. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips Finest Post Winner

Thank you Sunpa. Glad to know that you enjoyed the story. :)

puni88 likes this.
  6. ILoveTulips

Hi SpringB, thank you for the wishes. I was pleasantly surprised to see the announcement myself. Not sure if I can publish as the story is already out in the internet. But will work harder on my next story and try to publish that. Thanks again springb

puni88 and SpringB like this.
  7. ILoveTulips

Dear Kamala mam, @kkrish,
    Rebecca is one of my most favourite books. When I read the book, I felt so much in love with it and bought few copies to give to my friends. I read Jamaica Inn from the same author and was quite disappointed, that's another story. But yes, only after reading Rebecca I understood that it's ok not to name character in the book. But the reason I left 3 characters without any name is, as sofea said, I couldn't decide to keep them English or Tamil. So after so much thinking I left the names. Thank you for your interest in the story and am happy to see your comments here..

kkrish likes this.
  8. ILoveTulips

Thank you dearie.. I was surprised at the announcement too. Sure sof, your appreciations are like recreational drugs, just to feel the high from them I would keep writing... :)

9. ILoveTulips

Hi Rampuri, glad that you pushed aside your fears of ghost stories and read this one. Happy to know that you liked it. Thank you very much for the wishes. :)