1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Power of Time

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Oriana

Oriana New IL'ite

Kamla,

Let me explain the length, followed by breadth and then depth of the feedbacks.

Length of the feedback is a disorder where I forget that there is pint-sized punctuation mark "." to end a writing. You might have observed that most of my writing is bumpy with a horned ","

Breadth of the feedback is symptomatic of my formatting to give it a appearance of poised writing with centre-alignment.

Depth, the most elusive and inscrutable trait, of my writing is like a black hole did someone assert that TIME stops there? Yes, the greatest suspension of time is the depth of my feedback ; no matter how deep you sink the inky pathway never makes any sense.

2 people like this.
  2. Oriana

Oriana New IL'ite

Cheeniya,

A stranger staggers into your corner, burbles, gushes and look at her audacity of greeting another estranged rider on pelican wings!
    (she sure is a pelican at blandings!)

Here you are talking of time, the ageless time , the immemorial time, the power of time, the endurance of time and I encroach with something as transient and ephemeral as virtual time-scale of an avatar where the clock is reset. No, I make no attempts to seek immortality by being suspended in primavera of a virtual handle and not maturing into an aged status. Infact time to revise, reflect and mew a burdened carapace and trot lighter with lesser baggage. AND WE MEET AGAIN ..

2 people like this.
  3. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

cheeniya sir a good topic
    yes the power of time is tremendous . it can make a soft baby to the strongest man and also the strongest man into a week old one.
    time conceals the pain and dejection in it. a women crying for her husbands death may be found happily participating in the marriage ceremony of her son few years later.
    a man who thought to be healthy may be seen suffuring . a man who lost hope in life may be leading a happy life now.
    its all the magic of time. it have capacity to do any thing and it is unpredictable.
    yes its true what matters us is the present as the past is gone and we dont know what future is going to bring us tomorrow. so let us be happy with what we have and keep the bothering away for tomorrow.

1 person likes this.
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Time indeed is magical. Not only does it move forwards, it gives one the capacity to move backwards also if only one wills it...

Magical because many say time is only a concept. Matter of fact is time does not exist. It seems it is in a constant suspension...I should know, watched enough Sci Fi programs sitting beside my hubby. Actually, even in my dozing state which such shows puts me into, I still was able to grasp few fragments of it...

Else, how could it be possible that I mention about one Aria and as time flies by, a Oriana comes to reply in the name of Aria...Is it time..Has it moved on or have I moved back. No, perhaps I am stationary and time is playing with me and around me. That is the only way I can explain what Oriana is trying to say above...The fair and elusive maiden can easily compete with the puzzle called Time for she holds the weapon of a language which is an altogether a bigger puzzle to solve..

Pray tell me @Cheeniya sir...has all of your ponderings about time transformed Aria to @Oriana...should it not be Ariana...Me concerned! Only consolation being the book is still steady in those dainty hands. Well, if she has to spew unfathomable words at us, she Must hold on to it tight I guess.....

Me ( the ever in awe of SHE !)... Kamla.

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Oriana
    I should have answered this first, this being an awesome proclamation of your new Avatar! I have a feeling that you are following the vowels for your new Avatars. It was U when I met you here first. Then you became A. You are now O. That leaves E and I. Will watch your progress in assuming new Avatars with considerable interest. Incidentally Indiana has been taken by Jones already!
    Sri

3 people like this.
  6. Cheeniya

Surekha
    Thank you for stepping in. This looks like your first visit to my Ramblings. Hope you enjoy my Ramblings!
    Coming to the subject of Time, all I can say is that it tends to become a greater riddle when we contemplate about it. We measure it within the limited scope of the movement of Earth around the Sun in our tiny solar system which is again a speck in our galaxy of Milky Way. The Time that binds us may be irrelevant for other extra terrestrial beings living far beyond of our galaxy. Is there a unified measurement of Time for the entire Universe? Nobody knows!

You seem to imply that Time is the greatest healer as most of us tend to believe. If Time is just an illusion and not real, then the Mind is the one that does all the healing. Let me give you an example from Mahabharatha. After the Kurukshetra carnage, Dhritharashtra and his wife Gandhari present a strong contrast. If Time is the healer, both of them would be identical in how they viewed the carnage after some time. Gandhari comforts Draupadi with words of such kindness:
    'Daughter, do not be tormented with grief. See how I am also suffering. Do not grieve for something that cannot be avoided and especially, not for what has passed away'. But Dhritharashtra is inconsolable. Sanjaya deftly points out that Dhritharashtra , of all people, should not grieve since he was not a victim but an architect of his own misery. But words such as these just fall on deaf years.

Time can heal only when we have a reasonably proactive mind. When the mind is shut to reason, Time is just ineffective in its role as a healer.
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

My dear buddy Kamla
    While agreeing with every word of yours, can I suggest a change in your signature line? Can you make it, We (the ever in awe of SHE!)... Kamla and Cheeniya

8. Oriana

Oriana New IL'ite

@Kamla,

Such chronological analysis of my vanishing point on IL landscape made me run for the nearest guide on Newtonian to Relativity referential frames to estimate the distance I should maintain from you so that the barrage of outshots from your unhalting review don't fracture my poky mind. I cannot figure out if you were sprinting or spinning while typing the post for that could have been the only way to communicate with different overlapping entities in bursts of rapid taps which seem to come so natural to you whilst I had to loop through perpendicular temporal planes to catch up with your swift theorizing until I braked to erect beside your maypole my affiliation which reads:

Me ( the ever in awe of SHE !)... Kamla.

You (the never to disappoint leading on to the awed HER! )... Oriana

1 person likes this.
  9. Oriana

Oriana New IL'ite

Such study of pattern in my generational avatar names is giving me willies for the haste in choosing one without factoring in the paucity of vowels. What will happen once I exhaust "I" and "E"? I've "Elora" and "Ivanka" as stand-ins. The trepidation slapped on my face now preponderates the jitters of a man competing in the finals of 'World Scrabble Championship' with missing vowel tiles on his rack and heartbeat arrhythmic with the ticking clock.

1 person likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

Oriana
    If a single word like HONORIFICABILITUDINITATIBUS can use Vowels over and over again, why do you have to feel jittery about paucity of vowels? No one has stipulated a condition that they can be used only once in choosing our Avatar. Your present Avatar itself has three vowels with one of them used twice! Like mine for instance!
    Sri

1 person likes this.