1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The life of an expat wife. My Husband.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Marieantao, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Marieantao

Marieantao Silver IL'ite

I realized that I have written about children, friends, holidays.... But have yet to write about the one most important person in my life. My husband.
    Through all our years together, through all the years I have spent away from home, he has been my one constant. He has been there for me through thick and thin, good times and bad. He has been my champion, the person who most believed I could achieve anything.
    I can honestly say that when choosing my life
    partner I lucked out.
    If there is one bit of advice I would give young girls when choosing a husband, it would be to see that your guy has a sense of humor, and that he is your best friend.
    I for one cannot imagine having a life partner,
    who I would not be able to share my everyday stories with, who would not be able to make me laugh at the silliest things, at the end of each day.
    My husband is my best friend, there is nothing I cannot talk to him about,there are no secrets between us, and if I need a shoulder to cry on, he is the one person I run to.
    Don't get me wrong, I do have some really wonderful women friends, who I can talk and tell anything to, but if I have ever been in a
    real jam or facing a dilemma, the first person I think of calling has always been my husband.
    Okay, now I'm sure you guys must think, wow this women is married to some saint!!!! Absolutely not!!!!!
    There have been times he would never be around, like when the kids were sick, or we had to go meet one of their teachers at school, or when we were moving, or when we had a houseful of house guests, and I had to be cook, and cleaner, and tour guide to all of them. Oh yes, there have been many a time when I could scream with frustration at him not being around to help, when I sorely needed him, but then to be fair, it was never on purpose.
    He was there for birthdays, and graduations, and anniversaries,and took us on exotic holidays to different parts of the world, took
    me on some really, really romantic vacations.
    Yeah, I think in the final analysis it all balances out.
    Like I said in one of my earlier posts, as expat wives, we have just our families to rely on, all
    the rest of our families are thousands of miles away. So having a supportive husband and a husband you can confide in, is an absolute must in my book.
    Now that our kids have left the nest, it is just us once again. So it is a blessing that I have a
    man, who still comes home every night and tells me all about his day, with a large dose of humor thrown in. When I tell him about the very ordinary day I had, like I just spent time with friends, or went shopping, or just made some cakes on order.... he is often won't to say, " wow! What an easy life some lucky people have. Please God, in my next life let me be born as an expatriate wife!!!!!"