1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Heights of Irony

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by LakshmiKMBhat, Dec 17, 2012.

1. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Ours is a small place which has been a beautiful place full of forests and greenery. But,unfortunately things are fast changing and we can only wonder what this place will look like in ten years. Forests are being razed to the ground and concrete jungles are coming up. The heart bleeds to see this cold blooded murder of all those beautiful trees and of all those animals and birds who have lost their homes to human greed.

The heights of irony are the names given to the concrete jungle – Blueberry Woods, Regal Woods, Green View, Green Valley View and the like. :rantThere are no woods and everything green is becoming grey.
    We wonder whether these are woods and valleys that we are leaving behind for the future generations. If we do not wake up now,then it will be too late. The common people understand this. But for people with power and money, the future is not important,what is important is money and more money now.

View attachment 175546

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Fantastic post. Alas, I too am a commoner who may find some power only if I stay united with a lakhs of people like me. And its a fantastic irony that you pointed out. Thanks. -rgs

3. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Thanks rgsrinivasan,
    The way forests are being cut down in the name of development,makes us feel so helpless. It is really unfortunate.
    Lakshmi