1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Happy Weight Loss Family

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by shivachoubey, Jun 14, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

We all have heard this so many times, educate a woman educate the whole family. A woman always has the capability to change the outlook of the family. One step that you take towards healthy lifestyle, your family and your kids take a leap forward in terms of healthy life.

In a health magazine, once I read about an overweight woman who lost lot of weight. She said that when she was fat, she always used to ask her kids to buy packet of chips. Chips were a constant feature in her life and her kids life. When she shifted to healthy eating so did her kids.

I have seen it myself. There was once a time when my husband stood at 96 kgs and I at 86 kgs. I had a pantry full of fried snacks and instant pasta and noodles. We would chomp off a large pizza together accompanied by large servings of garlic bread and cold drink.

Movie at home will be watched only with 2 large bags of butter pop corns (I had all the flavored packets, 1 box had 6 packets and I at a time used to have 6 boxes at least).

My freezer always had a bag of french fries (what if guests come, there should be something to serve them but month after month it was us who finished those big bags), outside frozen quick meals and outside frozen parathas (made of white flour), pizza dough.

Pizza dough was a constant feature in my freezer. We always used to stock up of the dough and mozzarella. So, whenever we wanted to have something different (which was most of the days in the week), all we had to do was pile sauce on pizza dough, some cut veggies and lots of cheese and in it will go in the oven. Me and my husband use to have 2 medium size home made pizza each.

So, what happened when I changed my outlook towards food. My freezer now has paneer, corns, spinach,peas and beans, home made rajma and daal makhni. You will not find any pop corn bags in my house neither will you find loads of friend snacks nor any frozen outside quick meals and pizza dough.

Both me and my husband have started moving towards more whole grain diet which includes lots of veggies. A young life which will step into our house will follow our way of living. When our relatives look at us they try to make changes themselves, thats the beauty of healthy life, people always appreciate it and they tend to adopt it.

So, here is one member of IL who did it. She not only made a difference in her lifestyle but she made a difference in the lifestyle of her whole family. What an example she is.

She is radhaparth2000. Good show girl, you showed us that if one person in the family changes her outlook towards life the whole family follow suit. Remember, how I keep telling you people that if you give up outside food the weight will drop, she sets a good example of giving up outside food and benefiting from it. Read her story and see how she made the difference.

I really appreciate the efforts of Radha's MIL. Classic example of one woman standing up to help the other. Both women brought the family on track to healthy eating. Radha and her MIL both deserve a standing ovation. Both of you are great examples. Kudos to both of you.

All you have to do is stand up for yourself and your family will stand up too.

All you have to do is take a step forward and your family will walk forward with you.

So get up and make the difference now.

2. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Wow Shiva :). Happy to feature in your blog. I sent the link to my MIL and she is reading it. You can see her comments shortly. Thanks :) This has further motivated me for next 2.5 kgs(yes I lost 0.5 already)

3. shivachoubey

You know I really like your MIL. My MIL helped me the same way and I have so much gratitude towards her. Whenever I was at my ILs place my soup used to be ready and fridge always stocked with papaya and other fruits. I just got fond of your MIL when you told me how she helped you. Give my regards and lots of love to her.

You rock babes and sure you will be down by 2.5 kgs soon. What attracted me to your post was that the whole family changed their outlook. This is simply amazing. Good show girl.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

4. msharadha

msharadha New IL'ite

Shiva, you are helping a lot of people actually. I have never written to you before, but am very inspired with all your weight loss blogs. Am not overweight, but I am in the process of flattening my tummy(post pregnancy tummy) and I can still shed 3 kgs, and am greatly inspired by you. I have brought about small changes in my diet and am hoping that my changes bring about some changes in my family too. I think we all need to give you a standing ovation.

You are doing a marvellous job!!! I really like your avatar on your blogs, its like you are listening to us.

5. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shiva dear thanks for posting this...today is a very binge eating day for me....

Dear Radha congrats for reducing, 8kg in 6months is a great achievement. All the best wishes for maintaining it through out.

6. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

I agree with you Shiva. MIL has been of great help in this weight loss journey.

I agree with you Ami. Maintaining is ging to be a tough challenge. But I am sure to do it.

7. shivachoubey

Thank you so much for your appreciation. Wow, just 3 kgs. You are so lucky girl.

hahahah you made me look at my avatar and seriously it seems I am listening.

Thanks so much for your wonderful words, you made my day honey.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

Shiva

8. shivachoubey

Go out and have fun. Your DH deserves a big treat after those driving lessons of yours (hahahahaha)

Thanks for stopping by dear.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

Shiva

9. Ridha

Ridha Senior IL'ite

hi shiva,
    thnx alot for posting abt such an inspiring family......

kudos to radhaoarth nd her family............grt job..........keep it up

10. sushmi

sushmi New IL'ite

hi shiva
    i have a question,my husband's weight is 95 kgs,and its neither increasing nor decreasing since last two years.
    his diet is like--two sandwiches or 3 parathas or poha etc. with tea in the morning,4 roti-sabji in lunch,only tea in the evening(sumtimes 2-3 biscuits or chips)and 4 roti and 1 1/2 cup rice,dal,sabji in dinner.
    and in between no snacks no drinks.on weekends only he takes 2 glasses of wines with dinner.
    and frankly telling no exercise but he do sum physical work like gardening etc on weekends only.and once in two weeks we eat outside.(we prefer khichdi than eating outside),but for sum break only we eat outside.
    dieting is not an option for us.same is the case with me but my weight is 66 kgs .how can we change our diet plan.can u plz suggest sumthing.
    thax
    sushmi.