1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The GIFT of the ....Mindis????

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Dec 8, 2011.

1. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Dear Mindi,
    That was a lovely snippet which made me feel "AAAAAAWWWWWWW............."
    Actually I was really in "AAAWWW" since yesterday, DH being so loving and gave rest for half a day as I was busy with my books and prepared Chana Dal Vadas and they turned out to by sooooo yummy that kids and we relished them heartfully.
    Such lovely acts seem toooooo lovely when only done rarely or else we will be missing the "AWWWW FEEL" in the care taken by them.

Regards,
    Latha.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Mindi
    Being a person much elder to you in age and experience, let me assure you Jim and Della can stir our hearts to the root only as long as they are fictional characters. Such stupendous sacrifices in real life will be put down as the height of stupidity! O'Henry was known for spinning such characters to be in a position to give a dramatic twist to the ends of his stories. When I read The Gift of the Magi for the first time, I was so moved that I rushed to the nearest temple to pray for such love to blossom in my life too. The more I thought about this story, the more I got convinced that such incidents would leave my wife perpetually sporting a shaven head like Persis Khambatta who featured as the bald navigator in Star Trek! I would be perpetually pawning all the watches and clocks in my vicinity. I soon grew out of the effect of Jim and Della.

I feel a lot warmer when I read about The Mindis! As long as the romance lasts, it is 'just another day in Paradise'. Such brief romantic interludes can be more soul filling than the Jim and Della type. These interludes must come and go like Carl Sandberg's Fog that moves on little cat feet:
    The fog comes
    on little cat feet.
    It sits looking
    over harbor and city
    on silent haunches
    and then moves on.

I strongly vote for the light romance and not the ones that flow through O'Henry's pen!
    Sri

5 people like this.
  3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

That is a sweet read Mindi..enjoyed it to the core..

Only one at a time Mindi. :)

Yeah Mindi..but incidents do not happen in a series...haha..

sriniketan

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Tks EverHappy:)

Very true....Yes, we had a real fun holiday.

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna

Tks :) that's true...

good to know that at least you missed me :wink:

My pc is gone and I a managing with my tablet .....SO not enjoying typing here...suddenly I feel my fingers are so thick hahaha

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Tks sabi...:)

How true!!!

We went to phuket island and it was beautiful.but anywhere in southeast Asia I miss the food..after two days everything tastes the same.poor things, they just don't know what to do with veggies, I guess:) now I quite understand them for people actually go there to enjoy seafood,after all and we are the odd ones out.

Yes, Mindi life is a serieeee......s of such incidents only with a serieeee.....s of little gaps :) enjoy them!

Hahaha i totally liked that :)

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi bhargs,

Tks :)

Heres a big :cheers to you for I love that song too especially the way he goes "for you n me in pa...RA.....dise"

Wow, quite a difficult song to sing on stage,you must be really good.:thumbsup

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hahaha thanks spuppala,you mean to say i have to wait for another holiday to experience that sort of pampering.? Yeah, looks like that though.:)

9. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Mindi..

This was a wonderful and lovely post..enjoyed reading each and every line of it.
    As said special things happen unexpected and those moments will be there in mind always and makes us to love the life and enjoy it..

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi mythili,

How cute and frankly I would love to see my hubby prepare me a meal some day.it has been more than 25 years and he would have probably done it twice.once dal rice and another time rasam rice..
    On second thoughts it shows I have been really healthy so pray that it always remains that way:)