1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The bold and the beautiful - Continuation

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by maalti, Mar 29, 2012.

1. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Radha was lying there in a semi conscious state with her hands tied at the back and her mouth tied. Her blue dress was torn badly. “Radha dear, please wake up” he shook her. He untied her mouth and hands. “Rajesh! Oh Rajesh! It is all over. I don’t want to live any more” she cried uncontrollably. “Please, please dear, don’t cry. I can’t stand your crying” he said. He gave her his hand and tried to make her get up. “Please don’t touch me Rajesh. I feel so untidy” she cried. “Don’t say such things Radha. I love you so much”. Saying this, he also cried. “Please change the new dress which we have bought this evening and come home Radha. Mom will be waiting for us anxiously”. “Oh God! I don’t want to see her kind face. How shall I face her”? She cried again.

“Radha, please come home. I am unable to bear the severe pain in my shoulder”. “You are bleeding profusely” she cried. “Wait, I shall change my dress and come. We have to give you first aid immediately” she said and changed her dress quickly. They went to the place where their bike was lying. He managed to drive the bike slowly. They went to a 24 hour clinic and got his wound dressed. Then they went home.

Hema was waiting anxiously. She was shocked on seeing both of them in such a condition. “What happened? Did you meet with some accident?” she asked. “Amma” Radha cried. She fell at her MIL’s feet and cried. Rajesh then slowly narrated the whole thing to his mother. “My God! It was my fault. I shouldn’t have sent you both at night” Hema said. “Amma”, cried Radha, “I came here because Rajesh was severely hurt and he needed immediate medical attention. I don’t want to live any more. My life is doomed. Please forgive me for saying this” she cried. “My child!” Hema said. “Come here”. She opened her arms and Radha ran into them. The three of them cried together.
    “Now listen to me child,” Hema said. “What happened to you was just an accident. It is not your fault at all. Please go, take a bath, forget the whole thing and try to get some sleep. Of course, I know how painful it is, but, why should an innocent woman like you be punished and why should you want to die? What is the sin you have committed”? “Amma”, Radha started to say something. “Do you love Rajesh?” Hema asked. She nodded her head and said “yes”. “Now Rajesh, do you still love Radha”? his mother asked him. “Of course I do mom” he answered. “It is the look out of only the two of you and no one can interfere in your life. Forget this incident and try to get some rest” Hema said. Radha felt she couldn’t convince her MIL. She decided to end her life when she found some suitable time. She decided to wait. She went inside the bathroom to take a shower.

When she came out she overheard her MIL and her husband talking to each other. “Rajesh, Radha seems to be in a very confused state of mind. We should take care of her” Hema was saying. “Yes ma” he replied. “And one more thing I wanted to say to you Rajesh. It is your life. Now is the time to decide. Do you still love her and want to live with her? I want you to be very sure. If you don’t want to live with her, please say so. You can live your own life. But I shall go with her and we will live together. I don’t want that innocent girl to be punished” Hema said. “Amma, I still love her very much. I just want to forget the whole incident and I want to begin my life afresh with her” he replied.

“Then please make one promise to me Rajesh. Promise that you will never hurt or insult that girl with your words or gesture throughout your life about that incident” his mother asked. “I am your son ma. I promise. I am very lucky to have an understanding mom like you” said Rajesh.

Radha was moved by what she just heard. Her husband and her MIL loved her so much. Why should she punish herself for no fault of hers? She decided not to think about suicide ever again.

The happy life of the three people – the bold, the beautiful and the courageous started again.

:thumbsup:thumbsupThe end:thumbsup:thumbsup

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I am very pleased to give this feedback for a trendsetting story that is intended to change the way the society thinks in situations like this. All characters are very practical in this story and doing what they are supposed to do. Both husband and mother-in-law understand that the incident which is tragic is to be forgotten and it happened due to no one's fault. It is normal behavior of loving husband and MIL and and no one should consider that as a big favor.

3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Very good narration and a good story Maalti. Just could recollect Jayakanthan's Agni Pravesham and Sujatha's iruL varum nEram, which had a similar theme. Thanks. Enjoyed reading. -rgs

4. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Thank you Viswamitra. it is my utmost desire that our society comes out of its social grips like these things and our men and women are more practical. And I am sure one day my dream will come true. Regards

5. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Thank you rgs for the nice feedback. These encouraging words induce me to write more. Regards

6. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Beautiful Maalti.

A very bold and much needed step. My hats off to the MIL character.

Good going... keep continuing maalti..:)

7. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much Lalitha

8. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Enjoyed reading the story. A refreshing change from all the horror MIL stories.

9. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Thank you ramya