1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The best kind of friendship

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidyacvn, Dec 15, 2011.

1. vidyacvn

vidyacvn Silver IL'ite

The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a
    porch swing with, never say a word, and then walk away
    feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

I read this quote recently and my thoughts automatically flew back to my college days and brought back a lot of pleasant memories. A smile popped up on my face as I thought of my dear friend, Sivakami. We first met on the first day of college and stayed together till the last day. We used to be together all the time, be it class, recess or even a competition. She is a person who is so full of affection, care and understanding. I have always thanked god for such a loving friend. She is just like what the quote above describes. She used to understand my moods and feelings without even talking much about them. And she used to be so supportive whenever she understood that I was on a low. Her soothing words and her unconditional love were things that I really needed then. I felt lighter and happier when I spent some time with her. After college, she moved to the USA and we kept in touch for some time. After a long gap, we have now got in touch again through facebook (God bless facebook). She is still the same, loving affectionate person that I remember. Thanking God for letting me continue with such a wonderful relationship.

5 people like this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Vidya
    Nice to read your relationship with your friend.
    This is true friendship. Whichever part of the world you go these true friends are always there for you.

1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vidya,

One has to be blessed to have good friends. Am glad you found your's back on FB. Wish you many more years of happiness in each other's company (real or virtual).

1 person likes this.
  4. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vidyacvn,

You have taken me back to my college days and all the memories with my dearest friend are refreshed once again.. Liked it a lot.

Wish you happy times ahead with your friend always!!

1 person likes this.
  5. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

Liked you post vidya dear... Glad that you have found your friend back..Wishing you a healthy friendship lifelong... have a great time with her!

6. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That's a cute post dear Vidya.....
    Filled with the warmth of true-friendship and the bliss of re-union with good, old friends...
    Yes, Facebook....has revived lots of friendships......I too join you in thanking Facebook....

1 person likes this.
  7. vidyacvn

vidyacvn Silver IL'ite

It is so nice to see so many people sharing my views. Thank you all dear friends for your loving, good wishes.
    vidya