1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The best gift from Mom

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jaishamagna, Jul 14, 2009.

1. jaishamagna

jaishamagna New IL'ite

I have started realising, nevertheless late,in my 40's that the best gift my mother has given me is my sister. Although she is younger to me by 6 yrs, and I have a younger brother too, I feel very content sharing talks with her.
    No doubt,we were at loggerheads when young but now, it's her opinion that matters for me and viceversa. She stays in a different city with her family and we talk now and then. We feel more connected at this age. Sharing dresses when each of us meet, sharing secrets, rolling our respective husband's heads,and many more such trivial talks give us so much satisfaction .

I am an envy for having a sister, among my friend circles. I would say it is more of 'Sibling Revelry" than 'Sibling Rivalry" . Sometimes she comes up with such valuable advice ,although younger to me, that I tend to phone her just to get her opinion.
    In fact, My husband and kids tease me that her view matters more to me than theirs'.

I couldn't have have asked for a better gift from my mom.

jai

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Good to know that you think of your sister as a great gift.

I feel a healthy competition should be allowed, but a watch should always be there for rivalry between sisters..and I get a lot of comments about the kids these days.

3. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Hi Jai,

Even I am more attached to my younger sis, five years younger to me, more than my brother...I too feel great to have her..