1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 7 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Apr 22, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Welcome, My Friend In the Profession

Dear Usha,
    Happy to find another chartered accountant in the site. Hope other than we two, there's nobody else there.
    Please read my reply to meenu on my views on Indian CAs.
    Have painted Sethu's character taking into account all the traits that I visualise for a good chartered accountant - fearlessness, tact, knowledge of the provisions, lusting for detail and precision and above all compassion. Not that I possess all these qualities but I can assure you that these are at least my aspirations.
    As to the bugs, let's just leave them there. We can't disturb them now as they have a role to play, who knows, even in the very next episode.
    Thanks for the nice words, Usha.
    Varalotti / Sridhar

2. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

I was left behind!

Dear Sridhar,

I had missed reading from the 5th episode and planned that i would take up one episode a day. But plan remained plan, and i ended up reading all the three episodes giving up my nap and eventually burning my eyes!!! Can u see any signs of an ardent fan there?

What can i say?! I thoroughly enjoyed all the episodes i.e from 5 to 7 and also the ensuing repartee. The serial is flowing as it should. Sethu's character has caught my imagination. Sharada's character is also strong. Swetha remains a glossy fairy-tale heroine, sweet and vulnerable.

While some of my friends are guessing who is the brain - sethu or sharada, I have the answer - It's you. I mean it. Though fiction may be considered as written out of figment of a writer's imagination, i think the writer must possess more than just a fine vocabulary and imagination - "intelligence". The way you have been chiseling the story, i am confident YOU are the BRAIN. My words may seem to ooze from sheer adulation, but they are heart-felt.

Looking forward to another meticulously written episode.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  3. varalotti

I too missed you, Prathi!

Dear Prathi,
    I too missed you. For some of the episodes you were the very first to respond. For the past few episodes I badly missed you.
    I am moved and touched by your continuous reading leaving a burning sensation in your eyes. Please don't do that, Prathi. Your health and well being is far more important than a mere serial on an accountant, by an accountant.
    I am really happy that you enjoyed the episodes. More action is yet to come. Like you, I am also burning my eyes. Yesterday and the day before, I sat till half past midnight correcting some of the future episodes. After the reception of the 7th episode I had to change the pace of the serial and as Kamla suggested "pack more and more substance" into it.
    And as to your description of who is the brain and as to your kind words of adulation, I just bow down and receive them with affection with a fervent prayer that I should one day deserve them all.
    Another 48 hours to go for the 8th episode. It's ready now waiting for the final touches.
    Thanks for joining us again, Prathi.
    Regards,
    sridhar

4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar
    Was out on a holiday and with no accesss to internet, really missed out the reading...just got backand read the episode....
    I just join with everyone in saying that this was one of the best ones...really loved the action...now awaiting the next one , for which i dont need to wait toooo long!
    Sethu 's characterisation was good, and Swetha welcoming Sethu with a rose shows her good nature, and her trust on Sethu and also her positive attitude to life. So soon after Swetha's and Sethu's suicidal attempts , both have bounced back to life and have a common purpose to get on with life!
    This definetely brings out your creative juices and the positive attitude you have to life!
    Looking forward to the next episode!

5. varalotti

I missed you!

Dear Sudha,
    When I didn't see your name for long in this thread I was a little concerned. Now that you have come with your characteristic nice words I am both happy and relieved.
    In another few seconds the next one will be up.
    Now Swetha and Sethu have something to live for but, their troubles have not ended.
    Thanks for the nice words you have about creative juices. But I found out that those juices flow more and flow better when there is a lot of response, positive or negative.
    Thanks for joining, Now on to the 8th episode,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Episode 8 is out - My first act on my birthday!

Most Gracious ILites,
    Just now posted the 8th episode. After finishing my coffee, newspaper and sudoku, the first act on my birthday was posting this episode.
    This birthday baby is now anxiously waiting for your kind views and kinder responses.
    love,
    sridhar