Thalai Diwali Celebration!

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by VaidhehiShravan, Nov 4, 2015.

1. VaidhehiShravan

VaidhehiShravan New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

Im gonna celebrate my first diwali after marriage next week (Thalai Diwali):).
    Hubby will be cmg to malaysia (he is frm chennai and im from malaysia) n im so damn excited!:party.
    As this is the first marriage in our family, mom n dad didn't knw much abt 'Thalai Diwali' preparations.As thy didnt gt a chance to celebrate theirs.
    Hope some of our IL member's could share their 'Thalai Diwali' experience here.Also please do suggest me, what should my parents gv to the Mappilai as seer and etc....

Thank you.
    :)

2. NirmalaGoofy

NirmalaGoofy Gold IL'ite

Usually both of you should wake up very early and elders should apply gingely oil on the head and give beatle leaves to chew. Take head bath, get dressed. Take blessings from elders. Then burst crakers, visit a temple. Eat sweets. Usually, in laws will present a gold ornament(based on their affordablily a chain, ring, bracelet anything). Elaborate sweets and savories and good noon meal. Happy Thala Deepavali...

1 person likes this.