Ten Rules for Getting Effective Results from Prayers

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thank you, Muthuraji. The only edge I have over you is age & experience!!
    I want to share that benefit with you all! :-D
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. sumimusik

sumimusik Senior IL'ite

What a Beautiful list.Life would be more enjoyable and peaceful following this.Thank u.You have really made my day.
    God Bless u.

3. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Mathashri, when I saw the heading of the thread, I wanted to see if what I have been doing match a few of the points you say. I found that I am following quite a few of them.

I have always felt that somehow one of my duties on earth in this birth is to help everyone with my words and prayers. I am doing that as best as I can. I try and talk to friends who are sad or depressed and try to uplift their morose moods with words. These days I have started praying for people too.

A wonderful post from you as always.

4. Chitvish

Thanks, Sumimusik. This is the essence of what is conveyed in our Hindu prayers as
    Sarvae jana sukhino bhaanthu!
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

Beti, the best service we can do for a sick or depressed friend is to pray for them.It is not necessary that we should tell them or the world about this. We should do it for the sheer pleasure of good service to others & peace of mind we get.
    Thanks for joining us here.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. limkabook

limkabook Bronze IL'ite

Chithraji , Thank you so much for this post. It was really nice reading that.Keep doing the good work...You are like an amma/aunty/sister who guides us to go through the right way. I am sure your family, will be very proud of you.

7. anandivaradan18

anandivaradan18 New IL'ite

dear chithra,

it was so so so good to read thru' the ten golden rules for getting effective results from prayers. Ofcourse, I was actually eager to know that how many of them was followed by me. Almost all the 9 except one , I was not following. That is, praying for others. May be I was unknowingly very much confined to my family members. So shall add up that rule also hereafterwards. You must be experiencing the intimacy with the Almighty and your thought of sharing this valuable golden rules with your IL friends is appreciated. Thanks for the same.

with regards,

anandi

8. chitracv

chitracv Senior IL'ite

dear madam

all these days simply doing poojas and prayers in morning was a routine life praying for all wants in life after knowing 7th and 8th rule i am satisfied with your point . now in my prayers i say to him Bless me wat is good to me. thankyou for such a nice posting
    regards

9. rajiravi

rajiravi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra mami,

Excellent post giving 10 points....like 10 commandments....:thumbsup.

Instead of giving a reply in one or two sentences, If I give for each and every point, I thought I will know exactly what I am doing and what I should do....may be a self-test kind of thing....

1 – Set aside a few minutes everyday for prayer. Do not say anything. Simply practise thinking about God. This will make your mind spiritually more receptive..

ofcourse, I set time for praying to God, both morning and evening, but without saying anything, thinking of God? ..... yes I will practice from today.

2 – Then pray orally, using simple, natural words. Tell God anything that is on your mind. Do not think, you must use stereotyped pious phases. Talk to God in your own language. He understands it.

This I always do, it need not be my prayer time....any time.....whenever something good happens to me or bad.....that time, I will not feel like I am talking to God.....HE will become my friend at that time....

3 – Pray, as you go about the business of the day, while travelling or at your work. Utilise minute prayers by closing your eyes to shut out the world and concentrating briefly on God’s presence. The more you do this everyday, the nearer you will feel God’s presence.

This practice ofcourse we have whenever we travel, we make sure that we pray to GOD and start our journey, we will feel like God is there with us throughtout that trip....

4 – Do not always ask when you pray, but instead affirm that God’s blessings are being given and spend most of your prayers giving thanks.

I always think that HE knows what he should give. Since I have that belief, I do not have a habit of asking anything.

5 – Pray with the belief that sincere prayers can reach out and surround your loved ones with God’s love and protection.

I always believe that since prayers always give positive results.

6 – Never use a negative thought in a prayer. Only positive thoughts get results.

True, but some times, knowingly or unknowingly negative thoughts pass by...

7 – Always express willingness to accept God’s will. Ask for what you want, but be willing to take what God gives you. It may be better than what you ask for !

That is 100% true!!!

8 – Practise the attitude of putting everything in God’s hands. Ask for the ability to do your best and to leave the results confidently to God.

Yes, I always have that confidence..

9 – Pray for people whom you do not like or who have mistreated you. Resentment is blockade number one of spiritual power.

This I think I should start practising...

10 – Make a list of people for whom to pray. The more you pray for other people, especially those not connected with you, the more prayer results will come back to you.

Yes, ofcourse, I pray for the known people and I will definitely start praying for those who are not connected to me....

I hope I have not bored you giving the explanation for all the points one by one....my :bowdown to you....

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  10. kkvp1984

kkvp1984 New IL'ite

Thanks for sharing the Ten Rules and this is my first post.

I have heard similar set of rules in NVPs Power of Positive Thinking