1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Teething Trouble-

Discussion in 'Infants' started by blindpup10, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Sairindhri

Sairindhri Gold IL'ite

Sure will work. If not add on ibuprofen.
    Get some sleep, I can feel that you need it a lot. Take care.

Bubbles and blindpup10 like this.
  2. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Is this your personal experience, blindpup10? I ask because Tylenol (and mortrin) do not produce tolerance - what you have described as baby needing higher doses for the same pain relief.. not do they produce any dependence : you can start and stop at will.
    So you may try it without fear.. esp. Tylenol which has nearly a non-existent side effect profile at this dose.
    Antibiotics do not help in pain relief, and definitely are not given for teething issues..so you can rest assured there..

The dreamfeed is a good idea.. I was about to suggest shifting bedtime later, but you've already tried that.. hmmmmm..nothing much else I can suggest, save trying out the pacifier around 4 am : pop it in while he is asleep, before he wakes up.?
    Wud he play by himself a little longer in his crib perhaps?

Sairindhri likes this.
  3. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

UPDATE- yes I caved and gave Tylenol and he was also in cotton pj's during his bedtime. Woke up at 5:30am! Relief!
    I think its a combination of things that DS is waking up at 4:30-
    1- Yes he is teething/ uncomfortable.
    2. I think he was in fleece pj's for the whole 4:30 waking episodes. I put him in fleece coz with AC being on I had not want him to wake up cold... However at wee hours even with a fan in our room- I myself feel a bit warm. I am going to put him in cotton pj's for next couple of days and see how it goes.

Thank you ladies for helping me get some sanity and sleep back. :cheer::cheer:
    I woke up with full energy to take on another day of crankiness.

@Bubbles- yes the Tylenol experience is my own. As a child I was always sick and doc's had to give me higher dose of antibiotics even for small fever. Crocin had completely stopped working for me. It would reduce the temp for few hours while my cousins would recover with just crocin- I had to take antibiotics

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    Bubbles likes this.
  4. blindpup10

@dc24- good recommendations on the homeopathy! It's been a week that I started my DS on it (in the US-it is considered as a supplement) it's working so far. Thanks for te suggestion.

5. bron

bron Silver IL'ite

What is teynol? Whennit should be given?

6. blindpup10

Tylonol is like crocin. For infants it's in syrup. If you are in the US this is what Pediatricians would recommend for fever. I used tylonol once during my DS teething phase. If your infant is 6 month old- that's when tylonol is usually reccomended for infants.

bron likes this.
  7. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

:) Great ..I'm glad to learn that your LO is doing well....

8. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Tylenol is the brand name of paracetamol available in US. :) For infants and children it comes as syrup. Unlike Mortrin (ibuprofen), it can be used in infants below 6 months too.. it is useful for fever / pain relief.
    Tylenol is available for adults too as tablets.