1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Teenage days are the best

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by iyerviji, Dec 4, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Bhargavi (KNBG) your post in Musical chairs brought me memories of my teenage days. Those were lovely days. In tamil if you say thulli thirinda naatgal. No worries, no responsbilities, no cooking as mother and grandmother were there to take care of that. Elder sister was there to take care of responsbilities.

Free time I used to pass my time reading magazines especially tamil magazines. Kalki and Ananda Vikatan was my favourite magazine. Wait for Fridays to read the thodar kadhais. While working in office we had a library of which I was the incharge. Used to buy all the tamil magazines and deepavali malars.

Now at present dont have patience to read the magazines , we dont buy also as they have become very costly. Enjoyed reading Mangayar Malar, esepcially the recipies, tips etc.

Those have become memories now.

7 people like this.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Viji, Glad to hear about teenage years. Since I am also senior like you, I used to read the same magazines. I use dot read Kumudam in my friend's place because my uncle hated the smell ( the perfume they used ot put it in that magazine).
    No worries and no work. What a life!!! Diwali Malars are very nice. Miss them. When I was 15, I was introduced to Femina, Eves weekly and may be Star Dust. Life changed. Thanks for bringing hte great memories of our teenage years.

Good day!!!

2 people like this.
  3. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Gone were the days Viji mam!!

But those were the sweetest memories to be preserved in our life so that whenever we feel down we could chew them and keep ourselves fresh..Those memories used to be mood lifter for me...

simple yet beautiful post...

1 person likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

Those are indeed sweet memories. As you said carefree and happy days. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Anyuna

Anyuna Silver IL'ite

Really those were the days ,so independent ,carefree.No worries (not like ghrahasthi ones)Running to mom for all silly problems which later on that you find are worth a laugh.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

I miss being a teenager and my teen days ma........your writeup brought back time immemorable days of teenage !!

1 person likes this.
  7. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Dear Vijima,

Those days with no responsibilities, no worries were really the sweet memories of life.

Regards,
    Latha.

1 person likes this.
  8. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Viji Maam,

We all wish those days could come back....so care-free and tension-free. We had the best of both worlds. Going to college, friends, movies and then the age when our parents became more protective of us. I remember my Mom Dad telling my brother and me...."This is the time for you to explore the world and also to know about the good and the bad. But be cautious of the bad always. Never let it tempt you or your teenage days will be ruined. Just be good and enjoy yourself!!!"

1 person likes this.
  9. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Viji aunty...
    Nice to see many of us relating to ananda vikatan and teens....
    I read many good serial stories by Sujatha in Ananda vikadan during my teens......
    I'm typing this with a smile on my face...
    Thankyou for this sweet post......

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

CL dear thanks for your first fb and sorry for the delayed reply. Glad you also used to read the same magazines. Those were happy memories. Ya I also used to read Femina and Eves weekly, Star Dust etc. Glad you liked the post and nice to see you here

Good day to you too, love you

No worries and no work. What a life!!! Diwali Malars are very nice. Miss them. When I was 15, I was introduced to Femina, Eves weekly and may be Star Dust. Life changed. Thanks for bringing hte great memories of our teenage years.

Good day!!![/QUOTE]

1 person likes this.