1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Taste Buds Vs Health

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by MonikaSG, Feb 10, 2018.

1. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Yesterday I heard in a katha on TV that in kalyug the life of people are becoming less. Earlier people used to live for thousands of years then the years started decreasing came down to hundreds and now the 100 year is the maximum age limit that rarely achieved and crossed by even less.

There must be many reasons behind that. Our karmas thoughts worries and many more.

One of many reasons is our taste buds. There is always a war inside for tasty food and healthy food. This may also be the affect of kalyuga that not most of us are able to control our indriya jeeva(tongue) to get the taste of various not so healthy food items.

I personally like spicy and oily food. Some sweets afterwards to come out of those spices and adding on some more unhealthy calories. I can't eat two apples at a time but can't have less than 2 samosas at once. These are my karma that will let down my health and even being aware I am not doing much to it.

Tea in the morning not advisable but taken by most of us.

Heavy dinner may cause very severe health issues but still many times we take that leniently. I heard many cases when diabetic patients take some sweet at night and didn't wake up next morning. Still not all diabetic patients avoid this thing completely.

How many of us follow the particular diet routine all through the life. We plan we continue for sometime then we quit. Everyone know that a good mix of calcium protein and other nutrients is required at each day but cannot follow with ease.

We either do not know how we are affecting our health with each wrong intake. Or we are doing this knowingly. We hate becoming unhealthy but same time we love unhealthy foods. "Zahar zahar ko kaatta hai" is not true in this case still we are trying to do this. Then at the end we will cry in front of our children that even we are old and with bad health issues they are not taking care of us. But are they responsible for this?

Can we stop and think about this for a while where we are going and what we are doing to our self? We are saving money for future but do we want to give all the money to doctors and medicine. Can we avoid this now and wake up to this. Health is Wealth but what we are doing to gain the wealth?

iyerviji, shravs3, kalcandu and 3 others like this.

2. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

Well Monika I can say one think - you are one step ahead - you at least thought of doing something, be it writing down only. Very well written.

GeetaKashyap and Sandycandy like this.
  3. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Thank you :)

4. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

Uoh khana hi kya, jo tasty na ho? Pehle khana, baadme rona! :tearsofjoy:On a serious note, I think you can drive in 5th gear (eat and drink anything) up to 30 years of age. From 30 to 40, you can drive in 4th gear. But above 40, you must be careful, nehi to traffic police (read diseases) paakar lega.:coldsweat:

GeetaKashyap, Sandycandy and MonikaSG like this.
  5. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

I agree with you Monika !
    But I disagree with @Tamrakshar here . healthy eating habits must be cultivated from childhood. It’s ok to indulge once in a while but not wait until one is in their , 30’s and 40’s to eat right.
    On a side note ,think it is maha paap to only eat one samosa !

6. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Right..how can I do the maha paap...:p

GeetaKashyap and Sandycandy like this.
  7. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Yes.

Maybe we were those troublesome demons from thousands of years ago who troubled all the deities we now worship as Gods

Sometimes, unfavorable circumstances force us to eat for health only.

Living with someone who cannot enjoy pizza, dosa, rice, curd.

Also not having time to exercises forces one to re-evaluate food choices. Even dried fruits are something to be avoided except for once in a while.

And of course, being away from people who enjoy these foods (i.e. some people attract more friends than others)

Food, folks, and fun.

What better way to enjoy such food with people who truly value your company.

Of course there is a trade off. If you have lot of friends who ask to hang out with you and enjoy junk food, you have to draw the line somewhere

Morning: Eat like King
    Lunch: Eat like Prince
    Night: Eat like Pauper

That is true. Only if a person is compelled to have this diet due to external circumstance, then they eat this way.

Of course, one has to find comfort in their discomfort, i.e. Starbucks, Cinnamon Powder, Multicolored Salad, Fried Egg.

And look at food as fuel.

People are naturally beautiful ---- but we forgot how to eat naturally, hence we look how we look.

See picture of people from olden days and now. Who is naturally beautiful and handsome?

Yes and no.

I know in my Dad's case, it I would have been a little more mature 10 years, his most severe health issue would have been avoided. Many times Doctors get patients from poorer neighborhoods and are not scared to try risky treatments because they know (1) patient is less likely to sue for malpractice (2) insurance will handsomly reimburse them

If I would have been mature, and understood, and spoken up, maybe certain things would have been avoided.

There is only so much a kid can do to help aging parent. Sometimes I think I will die before my Dad because things have gotten to stressful for me. I know he is suffering, I am trying to find proper doctor. At the same time we are wrestling other demons, i.e. financial

Health is Wealth
    Money is to protect from Bad times.

If I had Billions and Billions, I'd hire a team of Doctors to take care of only my Dad and many of his issues can be resolved.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    Sandycandy and MonikaSG like this.
  8. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Monika....o my darling!
    Samosa...ab toh khaaja...saare diet chodhke khaaja....kal kya hoga koi na jaane...,aaj tu maze se rehna...hah.hah.haha..:cheer:

Monika, on a serious note 10 on 10 for your healthy thoughts. As Sandy says, healthy eating habits should be cultivated from childhood. These days youngsters in thirties are suffering from diabetes, BP etc. Lekin kya kare...Dil hain ki maanta nahi:BangHead: .Maybe you can cheat once a way:chatter: Jeeb bhi khush; paet bhi khush:banana:

Sandycandy, kalcandu and MonikaSG like this.
  9. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

CE thank you for the reply. Your dad is lucky to have a daughter like you. My dad did a lot for me still I don't think that much about him. But you are really a sweetheart.

Sandycandy and ChennaiExpress like this.
  10. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Haha. Thank you for the reply. I told you once samosa are my all time favourite. But didn't had that for long. Everyone at home is suffering from lots of cough and cold. Don't know when it will end so that we can start a normal life again.

Sandycandy and GeetaKashyap like this.