1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tamil actor Raghuvaran passes away

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jaanu_2721, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Very sad to note that a good actor passed away because of his unhealthy lifestyle.
    Got to know about this from IL site today and then had a look at indiaglitz and behindwoods.

I have seen his wife Rohini @ KAPAALEESWARAR Temple in Mylapore, Chennai abt 12 years back. She used to come every Thursday to offer prayers to GURU inside the temple. She is a very religious person.

Anyway, my heartfelt condolences to his family.

Thanks,
    Jithiks

2. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

yes he is a very gud actor. he is well known to all south and north indians.. i like the films- premikudu and oke okkadu in which he acted..Bow

3. shakila banu

shakila banu Bronze IL'ite

Re: biography of raghuvaran

Dear friends please make sure his date of birth is right.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Friends I have been following this thread..but just wanted to clarify that he was not 60 according to the hindu.

I quote the hindu...

He redefined the manner in which the bad guy in Tamil films needed to look or sound. Easily one of the most sought-after artistes of the south Indian film industry, actor V. Raghuvaran passed away after a brief illness here on Wednesday. He was 49.

This is an edited version online. but the printed version says he used to quote Robert Frost poem And miles to go before I sleep.. and also he was a guitarist waiting to appear for his grade III exams with the trinity college.

And also has been known to say , that his son, re-established his faith in the human race.

5. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Are there two threads on this sad news?? I saw one started by ridgemma.....:idontgetit:..anyways may his soul rest in peace.

6. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

Hi Aishu

U r right...there are 2 threads........one here and the other in Express cafe>wishes.......

7. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

s aishu even i saw that thread just now... Computer Typing

8. Joellabc

Joellabc New IL'ite

Do you happen to remember why he quoted "and miles to go before I sleep" in the printed version? And did he mention anything about his way or his parents? Thank you so much!