1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Taking work from others is also an art!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Feb 2, 2012.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Taking work from others is also an art!

We have to use some tactics to get a job done, it might be any one, your son or daughter, your hubby or a hired help for doing a specific job. Your household members could be coaxed, ordered or beseeched to get a job done. Each one needs a different approach. There is a saying in Tamil ‘Adukira mattai adi kara, paadukira mattai padi kara.’

The same technique applies for those who have to take work from subordinates in the office. Those who could not take work from them, struggle themselves to finish the job as deadline glare at them.:drowning

There are people who are not satisfied with work done by others. They will always keep finding fault:rant and no one would like to work under them. They too have to suffer because of this trait.

How smart are you in taking work from others?
    To tell you the truth I am not smart in taking work from others.:hide:

sindmani likes this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa
    Nice topic to discuss....
    I take work only if I am interested, but once I take that in hand will see to it I will complete it successfully.

But I am even better in getting the work done for me from others:biggrin2:
    If something has to be done I get everyone involved, and distribute work according to the interests of that person so that, that person will do that work successfully.
    Many might have noticed this here itself in IL:hide::biggrin2:

It is the habit of some people in finding faults in others but here I will tell, the best way is to ignore and work the way you feel happy in that work.
    We cannot make every one happy.

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa Mami

I am also like you , not good in taking work from others. So I will better do it myself instead of taking work from others. My sister is good in taking work from her servant. I should learn from her. But some people feel sorry for me and do the work.

1 person likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa Mami,

Good topic. This is a perennial problem. I am lousy at this job of getting jobs done. :hide: After telling people about 5 times, I finally give up and end up doing most things myself. :bonk Now that I am not able to do much myself, I find things remain undone for a long time. :spin

5. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

hi Pushpa..
    being at a managerial lvl I sometimes am tearing my hair and biting my nails with impatience waiting for a 5 minute common sense job to be completed by some junior who takes perhaps half a day and yet does a shoddy job.. but I'm quite a task master and have learnt to drive the staff to do their job correctly if not perfectly..
    same at home front.. I've realised that unless you designate your tasks and drive people to complete them they are most willing to leave them incomplete and have you finish them..
    k

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Aruna,

Thanks for posting your views,
    Love,
    PS

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Viji,
    So you too belong to my category! How sad! There is some satisfaction for you that at least some people feel sorry for you and do the work.
    Thank you for dropping in and having given some solace to me by letting me know that we too sail in the same boat!
    Love,
    PS

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Satchi,
    Yours is Quite a pitiable situation! Just take it easy and do the job when you have the mood!
    Love,
    PS

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Kelly,
    After taking half day and doing a shoddy job would be really frustrating. Even then you could make that person do the job correctly shows your talent in taking work.
    You seem to be very skillful both in office and home-front in making people obey you! I really admire you.
    Love,
    PS

10. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpavalli Mam...
    What you say is 100% true Its an art to guage how to get the work done.....