1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Taking Kid Of Zoo Etc Places

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sanjuruby3, Aug 2, 2016.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

How often in a year does it make sense to take kids to zoo?

My LO is 2yr and has started enjoying zoo animals etc a lot. So this summer, we took her to zoo - twice + aquarium + couple times farm animals. Now as we have 1 more month of summer, I am thinking to take here out over the weekends before it gets chilly.

Does it see, too much? How often you take your kids to zoo in a year? We do not have membership yet and thinking to buy next yr.
    Waht are other places I can take her if not zoo.

creativemind23 likes this.

2. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

I have taken mine to the zoo, twice this summer. Once to the aquarium. Twice to see farm animals. As long as the kid is happy, and you enjoy it too, take him as many times as you can. Because later on they will complain about it being boring, and too much walking etc etc.... Each time you go, I am sure there will be something different to see, so its like a new experience.

You can also try waterpark (though I havent been myself), to the beach, state park or local amusement park with kiddie rides. You can also try fruit/berry /vegetable picking. I recently went blackberry picking with my 2.5 yr old daughter and she loved it. They had a wagon ride too, which we did twice.

Once it gets cold, you can take a small local cruise on a boat (to see fall colors, or the city skyline or just your city attractions), go to the local bouncy house or any other indoor play center. Try the science or natural history museum, many times they will have insect or butterfly shows indoors. If you have a childrens museum, try that too.

cooks.

3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks cooks2010.
    I love myself in a zoo with her. Do not know how much she enjoys but I love showing her animals. She liked aquarium more though.
    We tried beach twice but she is not very comfortable with sand and wideness of ocean scares her.. funny right? as i see other kids rolling, dipping in cold water or filling buckets with sand, she just keeps sitting on mat. Does even go near on shore.
    Water park I think is too much work for her age. May be next year.