1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Take The Money And Run

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

You hit the bull's eye. Cheating is as okd as prostitution and is as eternal as the world's oldest profession. Cheating without the government connivance would be a relatively small scale affair. For Nirav Modis and Mallyas there has to be connivance at high levels, particularly political levels to indulge in such large scale loot. As you say this is a systemic failure . I think Modi is not even making an attempt to eradicate corruption. What we need is a more transparent system.

Thyagarajan and joylokhi like this.
  2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Here they have lent (is it the right word? "Given away should strike the right note) thousands of crores without any guarantee. It is not a question of gender but the right connection.

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Not only bank honcos, but the entire political class colludes in creating these robber barons., They are in league cutting across political spectrum.

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

The other day the BH approached a certain bank for a small loan. 'x' The bank called him back and tried to convince him to accept a loan of '2x' which he said he did not want. They never got back. We heard stories about how banks which are running short are likely to be allowed to touch our FDs. If they are really so short of cash, why do they insist on giving bigger loans? I mean, we do not have any hideout in Switzerland either. Our name does not start with L, M or N.

Yesterday I got a call from the SBI asking me if I wanted a pre-approved credit card. When I said no, the lady called back today - a Sunday - to open some account or the other with them.

Strange are the ways of banks in India and one really does not know what is going on.

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

They are bringing a Banking bill under which they can use not only your FDs but your SB account f unds to get out of financial doldrums. Looks like putting money in the bank is relly risky. Never take credit cartds from ANY bank. I have had enough trouble with lousy credit card servicing by ICICI and returned the card to them cut into pieces with an accompanying letter that in my view was sarcastic but which my wife thought was extremely rude.

satchitananda likes this.
  6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

And if you take a loan take a huge loan that you can siphon off to some overseas account, escape from the country and llive happily ever after on the ill gotten money

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Banks assist only very rich to make them enriched .
    One can mimic the voice of prim minister and the bank official reaches the desired destination with suit case stuffed with sixty lakhs.(this was possible in Indhra India - Agarwala. LIC offered huge loan running to thousand crores to Mundra. Taking advantage of insider information & geographical time difference , just a day before in the vee hours bank official opened LOC for huge import of raw material to preferred company! - the incidents are numerous and even now at various scales banks helps(sic) rich to get enriched and of course poor bank staff help themselves to get rich as facilitators.
    Since sixty decades Bharat is abound with these stories and many skeletons are in the RBI vaults!!!
    As long as expanded presses at Hoshingabad and Nashik are ready to work overtime, for certain community, it is smiles smiles all the way to the PSU banks.
    Regards.
    God Bless Us All Always & the Bharat- MATHA.