Tailors for Special occasions -- Athreyas,Numgambakkam or Vastraa,Adyar

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by kpriya3787, Sep 8, 2011.

1. kpriya3787

kpriya3787 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    My wedding is on oct 31st and i am in search of tailors to stitch my wedding blouses. I came to know of a couple of tailors, 1) Athreyas, Numgambakkam and 2) Vastraa, Adyar.

I am unable to come to a conclusion to whom to give for stitching. I would really appreciate if you can advise.

Also, Please let me know if there are any other good tailors who stitch for special occasions in chennai ?

2. Gaur78

Gaur78 Gold IL'ite

Hope you got your blouse stitched from any one of the above.

As for me, Athreyas is good and they have lots of designs. But they take 30 days to finish one blouse. :(

3. glitters23

glitters23 New IL'ite

Hi Priya
    I got all my wedding blouses stitched from Athreya Nungambakkam. While i was extremely satisfied with the traditional blouses. The lining material used was really good, so were the materials used for the stone and embroidery work. But keep in mind no matter how good the material used are, the stones do tend to wear out after a couple of years. So keep that in mind for selecting the work to be done. I also got my in skirts from there were really good.

Another word of caution is the way they stitched my reception blouse - total disaster! The fit was not good and the length was not right and i had to use many safety pins on my costly chiffon to keep the inners from sneaking out. They do not do princess cut patterns which was my preferred option.

Sai Limras in T Nagar(Krishna Street, next to Actor Surya's home) stitch princess cut blouses very well. I got a couple of blouses done from them as well. But be prepared to shell out a lot of money(cards are not accepted) and the price depends on the lady's mood. You should also have a loooooooot of patience to deal with them. They tend to lean towards wealthy customers. There is a chance that your order is stopped midway when another affluent lady with bags of clothes walks in. Has happened to me many times. But i tend to stick to them as no other tailor has stitched a decent princess cut blouse for me(Please let me know if you any!)

Another warning about both Athreya and Limras is they dont stitch salwars well. I have heard good reviews about vastra, Adyar. Do your research well before approaching any tailor.

Best of luck!