Sydney Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Sydney' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. ponrek

ponrek New IL'ite

HI everybody,
    I'm Rekha from Hyderabad.We will be moving to Sydney in May.Mother of 6 yr old boy.Planning to move to westmead.
    Hoping to make new friends

2. ponrek

ponrek New IL'ite

Hi Shilpa,
    this is Rekha,I'm too frm Vijayawada.We will be moving to Sydney in May.
    We r planning to look for houses in Westmead.Can u suggest me abt the apartments n all?

3. ponrek

ponrek New IL'ite

When I read the posts in this forum,thought its very easy to make new frnds using this platform.Looks like nobody is moving to sydney this year.heres hoping to more ladies join IL after me so we may form newbies frnds' group.

4. sreeb3007

sreeb3007 Silver IL'ite

Hi Sydney Ladies,

This is Sree Bhargavi staying in Pendle Hill, Sydney. Nice to meet you all.

Hoping to make new friends from this thread!

Cheers,
    SreeB

5. akrutisyd

akrutisyd Senior IL'ite

Hi Sree Bhargavi, I am from homebush west. We have moved here 4 years back.

How are you doing? Good to meet you, looking forward to make friends.

6. sreeb3007

sreeb3007 Silver IL'ite

@akrutisyd

Good Swathi !! Nice to meet u too.. Keep posting :)

7. lyxav

lyxav New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am moving to Sydney, please suggest a safe suburb. Im mother of two kids. My husband has a new Job in the city. He has to use the train to go to the city daily. Im now in India. Im moving in two weeks. I have lived in Melbourne. I simply loved Noble Park. please suggest a safe suburb as I would be walking my kids to primary school everyday and my hubby would have to return home as late as 9 pm by train.
    Thankyou

Lyxav

8. sreeb3007

sreeb3007 Silver IL'ite

@lyxav

Hi,

Welcome soon to Sydney! Not to scare you but, frankly speaking there is no suburb as such safe or unsafe one. There are both good and bad incidents happened and happening in all the areas and there is no such area where it is clean and nothing happened. You need to choose a house where there is good security with main security doors, a telecom phone with a buzzer/video to know who came, good blinds, etc and with many Indians staying in that area etc.

But on a note to say, there are many Indians in Parramatta, Harris Park, West mead, Wentworthville and Pendle Hill. In these areas, you may get a feeling of home as we can see many Indians daily. If you are from Tamil Nadu and want good Tamilian friends then in Pendle hill you can find a lot of Tamil speaking ppl and may be you can have good friends. In Paramatta, you find ppl from all areas of India as it's a big suburb.

I used to stay in Harris Park (many Indians are there too) and recently moved to Pendle Hill- it is also a nice area as there is a big park and school near by and I see many Moms daily bringing their kids to park and school.

Hope this helps!

- Sree

1 person likes this.
  9. lyxav

lyxav New IL'ite

Thanx Sree for the prompt reply. It helps. The recent stabbing in Paramatta is unnerving. my hubby has to walk home from the railway station as late as 9 pm. Is it really that safe?

10. sreeb3007

sreeb3007 Silver IL'ite

@lyxav

Hi,

You are welcome! Yes the Paramatta incident is really shocking, but I have heard many incidents on an average in all the areas. It might not only be about stabbing but robbing, threatening us for money, grabbing pizza/burger from our hands and running away etc so there are incidents happening from small to big in almost all the areas.

The only thing we need to do is to be safe for ourselves by being in a crowd or with some friends instead of being alone. The best option is to choose a house which is very near to railway station and not talking on mobile on your way to home if it is night time. We can't guarantee which is the safest suburb but just be ourselves as safe and alert as possible.

Also ask your husband if he has any Indian friends in his office and where do they stay so that you guys can search for a house in that area and your hubby can get a good company daily from home to office and vice-versa.

At the same time, pls don't worry abt anything and be positive :) AS I have mentioned in my previous post, those are the Indian suburbs and many ppl travel to city daily to attend their jobs, so not to worry much. Whatever suburb you choose, try choosing a safe house, near by to station and always walk on the roadside pavements and on main roads where you can see some crowd, some traffic etc instead of short cuts, parks, lonely streets etc.

If you need any help let me know. Is your husband already in Sydney here? If so where is he staying? IT's just two weeks for you to decide, so have u already started looking for a house? Have u contacted any real estate ppl?