1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sweet Memories

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 28, 2017.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sweet memories.this happened on this day in 2014
    Good Morning dearies, have a nice day

Today feeling much better with all your prayers and good wishes. After marriage couple are busy with their life, after children are born get more busy , if both are working time goes in working and there is little time to spend with each other. After children are settled and they retire there is time to think of each other and their love grows. I was blessed that my husband used to help in everything as I was also working. After retirement got time to understand each other .

Today after finishing my cooking, pooja etc gave him breakfast and then came and sat down. He asked me did you have breakfast, I told him noone to give me breakfast smilingly. I was so surprised that after sometime he brought breakfast for me.These little things only makes us happy in old age.No doubt when I was not well he used to give me breakfast first then only have his. This reminded me of the advertisement of Coffee where she talks to her friend on phone saying glad your husband made coffee for you, my husband knows to make but and just then her husband brings coffee for her and she feels happy.

When I posted in another forum someone gave a nice comment
    Lovely..reminds me of the beautiful lines from the song Rojavai thaalaattum Thendral..it goes like this " vasanthangal vaazhthumbozhudhu unadhu kilaiyil poo aaven ilai udhir kaalam muzhudhum maginzhndhu unakku Ver aaven!! From being a physical relationship, it goes beyond to a beautiful bond! Stay blessed...lovely write up

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:penultimate para of the thread is like getting caught suddenly in cool passing breeze. Madam sister is absolutely on dot. such small courtesies happening at unexpected or unanticipated moments in day to day family life aggregates to rich dividends and even so called burdens vanish from life.

iyerviji likes this.
  3. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

Nice to see you here after a long time. If I had been in your position I would have first taken my BF and then offer it to my DH. Since there are 2 senior citizens at home who need my help, I always take precautions regarding health issues. Let us be more practical and less emotional when it comes to our own health. Wish you all the best!

Agatha83

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear ViJi Madam,
    When young ,many responsibilities , jobwise, children,in laws etc. Then couples share them and help each other. When all these are done with...are they ever done completely? No. But we are in the background always to take care whenever children or extended families need us. But somewhat relaxed.
    These small small things do matter a lot and makes one happy. But first one has to take care of oneself to be able to take care of others. So, you first take BF or even lunch. Why remain hungry? That is not the scale of love.
    Wishing both of you many more years of happy togetherness
    Syamala

5. Thyagarajan

:hello:Well Said @shyamala1234. it is said one must have King Size Breakfast (not BRUNCH), prince like Lunch and pauper like Dinner to enjoy robust life. Thanks and Regards. God Bless Us All.

iyerviji likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

:hello:good feedback showing profound concern for seniors health. Thanks and Regards. God Bless Us All.

iyerviji and Agatha83 like this.
  7. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Thyagarajan,

A few words of comfort even from a total stranger revs up our mood! Thank you!

Agatha83

8. Thyagarajan

:hello:Thanks and I am in 100% agreement with you. Regards.

iyerviji likes this.
  9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Glad to see you back. It is nice to read that your DH brought you breakfast when you told him there was no one to give you breakfast.
    As you have said in old age couples do have time to spend time with each other and also they take more care for each other.
    As Agatha has mentioned we have to take care of our health also if there are other elders under our care.
    Take care and relax.
    PS

iyerviji likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks foryour first feedbackand lovely message.God bless you