1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sweet memories

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 22, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I think the only reason people hang on to memories for so long is because memories are the only things that don’t change, even when people do.

We all have sweet memories of the past. When we are alone and feel lost we can think of those sweet memories and feel happy.

Here are my sweet memories of the past

Those lovely childhood days without any responsibility playing and enjoying life to the fullest

School days with best friends , studying hard to always reach the top

Enjoy going to bhajans and when we were not taken praying to God that bajan should not be good that day

Listening to music and remembering the names of movies from which the song belong. Even while doing homework keeping the radio on and listening to music.

Having yummy lunch with everyone in the family , mom serving us and we enjoying when papa used to say not to talk while eating.

Teenage days , thulli thirinda naatgal

Working days which are so memorable ones, going out with friends, going out during lunch time with friends. Going to temples during lunch time.

Then after marriage enjoying with children , those memories when dh used to bring them to the station when the children were kids when I used to be back from work

Worrying about children when they were kids, when there was no phone at home.

So many memories are there unforgettable

"Sweet memories remind us of the roads we have travelled and the people we have loved."

4 people like this.

2. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Viji Mam very nice memories.

Whenever I remember my school days, I smile thinking about all the silly things we used to fight for.At home fighting for THE mango my sister had becoz mine looked smaller than hers or for papads where I wanted the full papad and not the broken one or for spotless yellow bananas .Sounds so silly but brings a smile automatically.

Thanks for the post.

1 person likes this.
  3. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji Aunty,

How is your health now? I am in touch after some time.

As you say memories are sweet as they couldn't be changed. When I think of my childhood days, I remember our house as a big bungalow, with flower creepers in front yard and so many trees at the backyard. We sold the house long back.

But 3 years before when I went to our hometown, I had this funny idea of visiting the house. I went there with my kids, introduced myself and went inside though the present owner was bit hesitant as the house has changed hands. But to my disappointment the house seemed to be much smaller as they had made major changes in the structure and the backyard seemed to much smaller than I had in my memory. Later I repented why I had gone in there as it disturbed my cherished memory. But still that same old house is in my memory and not the new one which I saw lately.

By God's Grace we own a nice independent house and I am sure my kids will have those beautiful memories.

Thanks for kindling my memories of good old days

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima....
    Beautiful thread....Sweet memories make our life colourful and tolerable when we are down...

5. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Nice post Viji mam... True, memories are to be cherished forever.!!!

6. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

That really put a big smile on my face. Made me think and refresh my memory.
    Its so true, these are only things that don't change even if people do :)
    Thanks for sharing.

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Soumya dear thanks for your first fb. Glad to know about your sweet memories.Fights with sisters is always there when we are young and later when we think we find it so silly

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Manju dear my health is better now. Home sweet home how can we forget. Nice to know about your bungalow
    Each one has a different taste of making a house. Glad you have independent house now . True your kids will have beautiful memories of your present house

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

VJ dear true sweet memories help us to forget our worries

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Sarang for the lovely message