1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Surrender

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by periamma, Sep 8, 2018.

1. HazelPup

HazelPup Platinum IL'ite

Well said. Escapism is temporary until another blow happens. We fall learn rise fall and learn again But we all are humans right? and we are here to learn.

periamma and GeetaKashyap like this.
  2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

KrishnaPriya3 likes this.
  3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@vidhyalakshmid well said ma.Thank you

vidhyalakshmid likes this.
  4. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@HazelPup Thank you

HazelPup likes this.
  5. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

Nice poem, Periamma! By now, you must have known that I am a nonbeliever! However, I do not impose my views on anybody, including my close relatives. So, don't get perturbed if my views do not match with yours. I think the philosophy of surrendering, or should I say accepting fate without protesting, is a very well thought, clever policy of the clergy and the ruling class, to perpetuate their tyrannical rule over the gullible masses. I am giving you a simple example, suppose there was a brilliant girl, who wanted to go for higher studies. But, in her society, women's education was not encouraged. Also, the son of the head priest of the local temple wanted to marry that girl. So, she was married off without any protest, as she believed in surrendering.

kkrish, GeetaKashyap and periamma like this.
  6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Tamrakshar Thanks for sharing your views.At the young age we don't know about fate or surrender.i got married at 17 after finishing my school final.i was in the Top Ten rank in the state and wanted to continue my studies.But my Father fixed my marriage saying we can't get suitable groom if i go for higher studies.so I surrendered to my Father's wish. After my children were grown up and entered college, I fulfilled my wish to go for higher studies and got a degree in English literature, a PG diploma in Computer applications.Not a regular course but through distance education. MADHA PIDHA GURU DEIVAM. First surrendered to my Parents and later to God.

Total surrender to God takes a long time which we get in the later part of our life.i may lack a little percentage of surrender because i am a Human and God only knows whether my SARANAGATHI reached Poornathvam or not

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    kkrish, GeetaKashyap and Tamrakshar like this.
  7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Yes @HazelPup , it is not easy.
    I have many times thought, "why me?"
    Then as time passed the very incident that drove me to self pity was the turning point of better things that happened afterwards.

So even if I was an agnostic or atheist, I should have accepted those circumstances as, "well there must be a reason why I am going through this. If I persevere, time will give me the answer". Many times the answer came. I am still surviving and better because of that experience.

My husband always tells our children. Life will not give you what you want all the time; but you should make the best out out of what you have.

Similarly Ernest Hemingway writes in his book The Old Man and The Sea:
    "Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is"

I don't want to take this away from the original post. So will stop here, but agreeing with you that it certainly is not easy, especially when we are in the middle of a difficult situation. But it is going through a difficult exam that we come out victorious.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    HazelPup likes this.
  8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame