1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Support To Lead Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by periamma, Oct 4, 2017.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Periamma,
    It is very nice of you to have brought forth an important topic for discussion in the forum.
    When we think of divine support we think that whether it comes to us automatically or it comes to us without asking.I am reminded of Shrimat Bhagavatham in which Uddhava asks Krishna," had you wanted you would have prevented Dussaasana from dragging Draupathi to the Court and being insulted.You came when Draupathi called for you. In the same way you should have prevented the dice game also.'. '
    Krishna said" Draupathi thought that by her intelligence and capable arguments with elders she could convince all and prevent the incident.When she had no other way, she prayed'Govinda'. I sent series of sarees."

In the same way when Duryothana appointed Sakuni to play on his behalf, Yudhishtira also should have said' Krishna would play on our behalf'.But some Ego prevented Yudhishtira from doing so. He played and lost.
    Uddhava asked Krishna," so you go to help when it is sought for and you don't help people automatically even when you know fully well that they are in difficulties."

Krishna said" Yes, I help only when they seek my help. When one feels that he himself is capable, I leave it to him.To get my help, one should think of me.

In real life situations, among ordinary difficulties we pray.But during atmost crisis like accidents, we have time only to arrange for money, seek medical help, send information to relatives, buy medicines, make sufficient arrangements to take care of children/elders at home.We don't have time or even an intention to pray does not arise.That is normally taken care of by some near relatives, if any.
    There are 4 types.
    1.We pray. We get desirable things.
    2.We pray. undesirable result is got.
    3. We don't pray.Yet we get what we want.
    4. We don't pray. The result is failure.
    So certain things are destined to happen.The determination to face the consequences with strength of mind is more than prayer. It gives you automatic humility, the need of the hour, to accept success or failure and consider it as 'good' for you.

It is this acceptance of things that are beyond human efforts, is the outcome of 'calling for help' or prayer.That 'aatma Vishwas' can be obtained only with divine grace.Pooja, other vows in expectation of the desirable outcome etc etc are immaterial.

Thank you Periamma .Your snippet has given a fine opportunity to share my feelings.

Jayasala42

3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@jayasala42 JS Mam Thank you for your response.Lovely description of prayers

4. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

5. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

Very very true Periamma
    We do need to tread carefully at every age !!
    Yes, whether the goihng is smooth or tough, we do need support. Of course help comes from unexpected quarters too! As they say, " Deivam manushya roopeNa." There is nothing wrong in accepting support !!
    Thanks for sharing :)

periamma likes this.
  6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@periamma,

"whoever helps you at the time of your need is GOD in disguise." This is so true. Thanks.

periamma likes this.
  7. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Jeeves Thanks for your response writer madam:neutral: i have read your stories in Tamil magazines

8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@GeetaKashyap Thanks ma.Enjoyed reading all your posts