Super Confused on ttc or weight loss?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Nityarahul, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Nityarahul

Nityarahul New IL'ite

Hi All,

This is my first post in IL ..
    Am 27 yrs & am married since 2 years and i have an history of pcod (hormonal imbalance). Before marriage i had done the test and found that the levels were back to normal and i was on contraceptive pills for a year after which i planned to have a baby. i was put on clomiphene too but still in follicular study it showed no gr8 results. Now i have changed my doc and he advised me to lose weight and has put me on metformin 1500mg since 3 months (metformin has not helped me lose weight; as i had read somewhere). Recently i have joined gym with a 3 months package and also on other hand i have requested for Ghee prasadam from Garbharakshambigai Temple.

Am confused whether i should concentrate on weight loss and then TTC. I have also heard miracles where people have conceived after having Ghee prasadam for 48 days.

Plz guide me !!!

2. zaara1

zaara1 Senior IL'ite

Nityarahul - One thing I can vouch for in the TTC journey is you have to be in perfect health to ovulate, concieve and your eggs to be of the best quality. If you are actively TTC, I suggest you stick to brisk walking and/or yoga. This combined with healthy eating will definitely increase your chances of success at TTC.

Regards
    Zaara

1 person likes this.
  3. Nityarahul

Nityarahul New IL'ite

Thanks Zaara ..

Yup i agree to it and i have started working out and also take care of my eating habits. Being a PCOD patient i understand losing weight is going to be pretty difficult but am pushing myself :cry:.
    Today undergone follicular study ..doc says not gr8 improvement will check again by next friday. After this when i came back to my office i had received my prasadam :)

Feeling positive now .. Exercise , diet , medicines and God's blessings hope things will click soon..

4. adinil

adinil Silver IL'ite

i agree with zaara1 pls stick to healthy diet ,wal etc for successful TTC and keep faith in god...some things happen at their time...stress will confused you more
    so just relaxand chill and take poper food and rest

all the best and lots of baby dust

5. Nityarahul

Nityarahul New IL'ite

Sure will do Aditi and thanks a lot :)

6. Deepanv

Deepanv Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Do your bit and God and medicines will do their bit.
    Do not lose hope. Do all things simultaneously. Yoga, good diet, meditation, drinking plenty of water, staying positive, praying, taking medicines on time all will prove effective.
    Good Luck

7. helpneed

helpneed New IL'ite

Hey Nitra,

Any reference from your doctor in mumbai for good doctors in chennai for this situations.??

8. Nityarahul

Nityarahul New IL'ite

hey sorry ..
    no idea about chennai doctors .. :(

9. Nityarahul

Nityarahul New IL'ite

Hi All,

I had gone for my ovulation tracking it was still the same no gr8 changes.. my doc has given me Orgamed tabs to get my periods after which i have to go again for a sono and then he said he would be putting me back to oral contraceptives for a month to shrink up the size of my ovary. I have already started taking Garbarakhshambigai Ghee prasadam and i have thought to continue taking the same even if i am put on contraceptive pills.

Also i am putting my best in gym n diet but am not seeing much of a change ...am truly worried :(

10. nikitaram

nikitaram Silver IL'ite

Hi Nitya,
    Dont get worried and stressed out, that does not help weight loss at all. Give the metformin some time, it definitely helps with the weight loss. Try eating a high protein and low gi diet. I too suffer from PCOD and know how difficult it is to loose weight but its not impossible. Hang in there.