Suggest Weekend Destinations from Delhi

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Delhi' started by SabinaKhanna, Apr 27, 2009.

1. SanjanaBatra87

SanjanaBatra87 New IL'ite

Hi, Thank you so much for the wonderful information you have provided for Vrindavan trip. Even I didn't know we can make a weekend visit to Vrindavan.

Can I ask you ask you a few questions more please....:)

I have always thought of visiting Rishikesh, but never managed to do it mainly due to time factor. If its possible to travel to Rishikesh during the weekend it'll be great for me. Please do let me know the travel plans and what are the other places if we can merge in together.

Thanks in advance.

Sanjana :coffee

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. sethihardeep

sethihardeep New IL'ite

Hi Friends, Explored a new weekend destination from Delhi and couldn't wait to share with you all. :whistle

Its Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary located at 40 kms distance from Dhaula Kuan in Delhi and 15 km from Gurgaon on the Gurgaon - Farukh Nagar Road. It's a popular weekend getaway and is ideal place for bird watchers. Though this is not the proper time to visit the sanctuary, I really enjoyed the visit as its a welcome break to be amidst nature and so close to it.

Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary is best visited in winters when a large number of migratory birds come here from distant regions like Siberia, Europe and Afghanistan. While you can also find a large number of resident birds here too.

Have you visited Sultanpur during winter and seen the migratory birds?
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Attached Files:

3. amandeepkohli

amandeepkohli New IL'ite

Yes, I've visited Sultanpur [FONT=&quot]Bird Sanctuary [/FONT]last winter. Its a lovely place to spend a day and ideal for weekend trips. We we lucky to see some migratory birds which visited the park every year from faraway land. <link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CUser%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]As per records, every year more than 100 migratory bird species arrive at Sultanpur in search of feeding grounds and to pass the winter.

You really need to be there at the Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary to experience a picturesque panorama of migratory birds such as Siberian Cranes, Greater Flamingo, Ruff, Black winged Stilt, Common Teal, etc. Some other migratory birds seen include Common Greenshank, Northern Pintail, Yellow Wagtail, White Wagtail, Northern Shoveler, Rosy Pelican, Gadwall, Wood Sandpiper, Spotted Sandpiper, Eurasian Wigeon, Black tailed Godwit, Spotted Redshank, Starling, Bluethroat and Long billed Pipit.

We are a family of bird lovers and love to spend our day quietly sitting in a Nature park. Have you tried this mode of relaxation? If anyone has got information about any other place in the vicinity of Delhi for bird watching or a Bird Sanctuary, please let me know.

Thanks.
    <!--[endif]-->[/FONT]<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Attached Files: