1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Successful Second Marriage: is it a reality?

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by justice218, Jul 17, 2013.

1. ashsummer

ashsummer Junior IL'ite

Successful second marriage is definitely a reality. My sister met his second husband on Cupid dating site . Her first marriage was a real horror. Now she is happy again, but it was a long route to happiness. You should never give up trying to be happy, it's the main secret of happiness.

sindmani, nolife and ChennaiExpress like this.
  2. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

somehow these dating sites are not helping me

sindmani likes this.
  3. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

If you don't mind me asking, how are you crafting your profile?

In dating or matrimonial sites, the first impression is the only impression, so you have to word your profile well to arrest the attention of the right man you are seeking.

I don't mean to say you have to embellish your biodata but these sites are more like resume scanners and something should stand out from the thousands of “I am intelligent, smart, sensible and sweet” jaded profiles. I do a bit of profile hatching for my friends (building templates), which my friends later flesh out with details.

Just an advice: Make your profile stand out to intrigue a man. Again, nothing ornamental, just a catchy layout that articulates your personality. Your man might be around the corner who needs a slightly creative beacon. Good luck.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    nolife likes this.
  4. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

I have kept good pics but somehow I feel I cannot match up to north indian girls who are extremely Posh..Some how matrimony is also not working out.

5. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I don't know about “poshness”. Here are few insights I hear from the men on the matrimonial sites not dating sites. Again I want to emphasise that these are urban, witty and accomplished men who may or may not be an average Indian man. I am often reproached that a typical Indian man is not as liberal or funny as the men I talk of. So grab the bits you find relevant because I have no clue of a generalised Indian man.

Don't

(1) Profiles posted by parents. C'mon talk to my parents is so passe.
    (2) Profiles with slew of adjectives that need a dictionary.
    (3) Apologetic narratives about their past. I regret my first decision, I had horrible marriage, I was duped and so forth. Men run away from such profiles.
    (4) One liner profiles have less charm than a bald cockerel.
    (5) Flashy or contrived pictures.

Do

(1) Upbeat and lively profiles with music and book tastes.
    (2) Witty profiles with deprecatory humour on how you ended up in the site (doing overdo).
    (3) Spark of exuberance in life. Not bungee-jumping or paragliding, but fanciful aspirations.
    (4) Earnest and elegant wording. Men are fussy about grammar. Trust me.
    (5) Pictures in workaday or comfortable poses.

The profiles that my male friends screen and we discuss are not posh but definitely striking and outspoken profiles of women. These women write blogs, they write poetry, they are well-travelled, they are versatile, they run marathons, they have kids, I wonder may be they are also not an average Indian woman.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    nolife likes this.
  6. Sani12

Sani12 Bronze IL'ite

Definitely!! I have not personally gone through it. But i have seen many second marraiges and they work well. Especially since both are maturer than the first marriage and already know how to deal with certain issues. I think it will work really well.