1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Successful Second Marriage: is it a reality?

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by justice218, Jul 17, 2013.

1. justice218

justice218 Bronze IL'ite

Hello To All Ladies

I am in the process of getting a divorce. Why am i getting a divorce? I can simply put it in two words. "Dowry Harassment".

Well atleast Dowry harassment is the primary cause, but im sure many of the ladies here know that along with dowry harassment comes its siblings, domestic violence, public defamation (of wife and her family), humiliation and much more.

Though i am still legally married for 3 years, i have only lived with that horrid, disgusting man for only 9 months (thank god). he made my life absolutely miserable. I am a Btech graduate and he is MSc in Engineering. we both are from overseas and met in india, liked each other and got married. as so goes the process of arranged marriage. however, i am over him, and sometimes cant even remember what his face looks like (hallelujah).

the reason for this post, is i want ask all you lovely ladies out there the following questions.

1. has anyone got married a second time?
    2. If yes, are you happy with the guy/husband and the marriage?
    3. How easy or hard was it to go through the whole process of looking for another guy to get married to? especially if ur first marriage was really horrible.
    4. Did the guy/husband ur married to treat you any differently since you were married before?
    5. If ur first marriage is broken, what is the guarantee that your second wont end up the same way?

And finally, my final question. Is having a successful second marriage a reality?

P.S. Please feel free to add any wise pieces of advice and stories we can all follow.

2. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

Good luck i will pray for your speedy recovery and get marry with a Right Guy.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
    sindmani, puni88 and omnam like this.
  3. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Below are my replies:
    1. has anyone got married a second time?
    - My cousin had a horrific first marriage suffered for 5 years and remarried at 28. Now she is extremely happy with two kids. Another office collegue married -it was love marriage second time and they are happy together.

2. If yes, are you happy with the guy/husband and the marriage?
    Some are happy and some are not. Second marriage at times comes with lot of adjustment from both the ends.
    3. How easy or hard was it to go through the whole process of looking for another guy to get married to? especially if ur first marriage was really horrible.
    - Extremely tough. Few are lucky to get second marriage easily if they have good friends circle or relatives.
    4. Did the guy/husband ur married to treat you any differently since you were married before?
    - Donno. But in both cases i mentioned before guy has treated their wifes with lot of respect and love
    5. If ur first marriage is broken, what is the guarantee that your second wont end up the same way?
    - Marriage is like a gamble. One needs to be careful in choosing as well as behaving with the second husband as we do not want to repeat the same mistake again.

And finally, my final question. Is having a successful second marriage a reality?
    Yes in some cases and No in some cases.. Getting remarried is also a question mark. Things are quite tough. But one has to move on in life with hope.

silentlistener and Agniamber11 like this.
  4. strangegirl

strangegirl Silver IL'ite

Getting re married is not easy. Practically it is not that easy in India, specially for divorced women, but not something impossible.

I have successful cases, where as failed ones too. It is just like first marriage, no difference.

All what matter is, getting out of this abusive marriage first, try to find a way for a peaceful life then, and after that you can think of a second marriage.

Do not jump into the thinking of second marriage when you are indeed in a marriage that is not yet fixed or settled.

Be very careful in choosing the right one, and always place love before everything. Specially do not get cheated with fake loves. All what I mean is have love but not the blind love

sindmani likes this.
  5. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

Breaking every things are easy and simple but joining and rejoining is tough and difficult ......

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
    2 people like this.
  6. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

Yes Telija

You are right but she is not trying to rejoining, she need a guy to get marry

no human can live alone in their whole life,, we should have someone in our life

2 people like this.
  7. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

I think men find cheerful women attractive other things being equal. I notice that a lot of divorced/widowed women are not a lot of fun because they may be carrying their past with them a lot. IMO, it's a very good idea to actually celebrate your divorce and start seeing glass half full. Then some one (or many) will see what a beautiful, desirable girl you are and love to have you in their life.

sindmani, skyinsc, dhruva19 and 6 others like this.
  8. justice218

justice218 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you all so far for the great replies.

I really do hope and pray to god that i am not as unlucky the second time around.

sindmani likes this.
  9. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

All the best. :thumbsup There was one member here who found true love and had a successful second marriage. She is not active now.

10. sacredbell

sacredbell Silver IL'ite

Hello

You are lucky that you don't have any kids yet...Things would have been more complicated if you had kids...With kids from previous marriage, a second marriage wouldn't be picture perfect ..

There is a tendency in India that people look for a divorcee or widower for the second marriage to ''equalize'' the status. In my opinion that is not right. In many cases, first marriage was broken due to the serious psychological problems of one partner..These issues are not openly discussed outside...They look very perfect in their social life and professional life and very difficult to identify for a newcomer...Their second marriages would also fail most likely due to the same problem..So be very careful while choosing your partner.. If he is a divorcee, better find the root cause of the failure of first marriage from their ex-partner..( via Friends or relatives )..It is really worth to check this...

Education and character are the most important qualities that you should not compromise with..

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
    sindmani, BhumiBabe, dhruva19 and 4 others like this.