1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Stillness In Chaos!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Dec 22, 2019.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Stillness in Chaos?
    Right now I am frantically searching for it.
    I think I'll get stillness only after the chaos, never in it. :)

Jest aside, if my husband sees signs of me wilting among any chaos, he would insist that I go to my room and take an hour of rest and get back. That has helped me a lot many times.

When I read about the moon I thought that is one object where there is nothing but stillness, "magnificent desolation" as Buzz Aldrin described it. However surrounding it is the chaotic solar winds. True stillness in chaos. :)

Viswamitra and Srama like this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamala, @kkrish
    What can i say? My friend you have nailed it! I am super happy what you have said below was what as on my mind when I wrote the snippet
    I was ruminating about the universe precisely, as I soaked in the beauty of that moon light wondering about the chaos on the ground (the snow etc) and the chaos around the moon and wondering about the stillness that is still projected. I could not communicate all that effectively! You have no idea how happy you have made me with those lines. Beautifully explained! I am constantly searching for that stillness even if momentarily in everyday life. That's all I was trying to say my friend!

I am glad I wrote this snippet even if I was reluctant to post - feeling it is repetitive and may be even incoherent! Feedbacks like yours gives me those aha moments and I love them - so easily put and in such a beautiful way.

Merry Christmas to you!

kkrish and Viswamitra like this.
  3. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Srama,

What a poetic piece of writing you have presented here. Having born and brought up in. chennai all through the years, never once I have had the opportunity to witness snowfall. Having grown amidst a chaotic family, I always longed for some calm in my life. But imagine how would life be in a still place like the Arctic, which is extremely desolate and isolated. Extremes- be it in life or nature is always frustrating.

Reading your snippet is like riding a car on a highway, the passing scenario changing every now and then, making the journey thoroughly exciting and pleasant. An apt end to the write up with a soulful Purandaradasar’s krithi. A Happy New year to you all.

Agatha83

Srama likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

:hello:I wish I had put it like that. Super .
    Thanks and regards.
    God bless.
    God is MOTHER Nature & vice versa.

Srama likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you dear @Agatha83 for your lovely feedback.

You have hit the nail on its head here. If there is no chaos, how do we seek calm? We are born with that stillness and we are always looking for it in our chaotic world.
    That is what makes our life beautiful. That analogy is simply beautiful!

Thank you for your lovely words for my writing. Brings a smile! It is only while driving in the early mornings or while flying that mind goes into that ruminative mode and I find that stillness that will help me through to make the day meaningful - most of the time. Perhaps that is the reason I like stepping out for a workout that early in the morning.

Happy New Year!