1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

SRK-Sirish's fight.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by puni88, Jan 30, 2012.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Gossips - Left, right and Center...

Much is being said and written about the big fight that took place last night at the success party of Agneepath thrown by Sanjay Dutt...

Actor Shah Rukh Khan and Shirish Kunder got into a hand-to-hand fight at Aurus. Guests at the event claim that Shirish Kunder in his drunken stupor managed to irritate Shah Rukh Khan so much that the Khan was 'justified in raising his hand'.

What has followed is a war of words, and many giving their opinion and taking sides. Farah Khan, wife to Shirish Kunder is standing like a rock by her hubby's side and has even gone on to tweet about the incident.

If this wasn't enough, Shah Rukh Khan and Shirish Kunder may come face-to-face again this evening at Riteish Deshmukh and Genelia D'Souza's sangeet ceremony. The couple that is to wed on Februay 3rd are indeed close friends to Shah Rukh and Gauri Khan as well as maintain a good relationship with Farah Khan and Shirish Kunder!

2. puni88

Ameesha Patel, Dabboo Ratnani who were also present at the party comes to support Shah Rukh Khan @iamsrk For Roughing Up Shirish Kunder
    Post Shah Rukh Khan-Shirish Kunder scuffle at Sanjay Dutt's party, social networking sites are abuzz with jokes on the whole episode. And while netizens are having a good laugh, certain celebs are also seen taking sides on Twitter.
    Ameesha Patel, who is presently shooting for Shortcut Romeo, took to the micro-blogging site to root for Khan. "Shahrukh is supr rockin.. Good he gave it 2 shirish. people shud learn 2 b grateful to king khan, aftrall he has been so supportive 2 farah," tweeted Patel
    "Glad@iamsrk told shirish off n put him in place 4 constantly abusing him.srk has done so much 4 farah.they shud b grateful n not abusing srk,," an infuriated Ameesha further added.
    "support ShahRukh 100%....200% Actually" - Manisha D Ratnani
    Dabboo Ratnani also supported Khan on Twitter, writing, "I was present at Sanj's party & Without Any Bias I Fully Support Shah Rukh @iamsrk."
    Other also thinks that as soon as party got over, Farah and Shirish started sending SMSs to all the journalist to make a big news out of this.
    Well Baadshah's supporters have arrived, wonder if anyone will back up the filmmaker

3. puni88

Shah Rukh, Shirish Kunder patch up

In a patch up bid, choreographer turned director Farah Khan and her husband Shirish Kunder visited Shah Rukh Khan's residence today over the fracas at Sanjay Dutt's party and claimed to have sorted out the matter.

[​IMG]Kunder, who had said he was slapped by SRK at the party on Sunday night, went to the actor's house Mannat in suburban Bandra with his wife, director brother-in-law Sajid Khan and producer Sajid Nadiadwala to clear the misunderstanding.

"We met today at his (Shah Rukh's) place. Sajid Khan, Sajid Nandiadwala, Farah Khan, Gauri and Shahrukh - we all were there together. We sorted out things. We all felt bad about what happened," Kunder later told PTI.

"There is no animosity any more. There was misunderstanding. We are all friends again. We have cleared everything. Sometimes these things make the bond much stronger," he added.

According to the 'Jaan-E-Mann' director, even the friendship between SRK and Farah, which had soured a few years earlier, is back on track after the patch-up meet.

"With the help of close friends we spent sometime together. Our relation is much stronger than before. Even Farah and Shah Rukh are friends again," Kunder said.
    Terming the incident as "ugly" and "blown out of proportion", Farah said the negative stories about the incident was too much to handle.

"What was happening since yesterday was really ugly. The different kinds of stories and rumours, the negativity was too much to handle. I am happy that Sajid Nadiadwala and Sajid Khan took the initiative and we all met up. I think even Shah Rukh was unhappy about it. Fights happen in every family, you have to sort it out."

Farah said that they spent three and a half hours together at SRK's place.
    "It was not a pleasant episode. Shah Rukh is a witness on my marriage certificate, so this can't be happening between us. What we spoke is very personal. We were together for three and a half hours, we cried, laughed and joked," she said.

The fracas took place Sunday night at the "Agneepath" success party at a nightclub where Shah Rukh is said to have roughed up Kunder, who has been taking potshots at the actor and his mega budget film "Ra.One" on Twitter.

After the incident, Kunder had said, "Everyone knows what really happened at the party; it isn't a hidden fact at all. Of course it was ugly and I was quite shaken up with what happened. When someone attacks you from behind and comes prepared with a set of bodyguards to protect his own self, you don't really have a choice, do you?

"All I feel is that if at all there was so much pent up anger in him, he could have gone verbal. Getting physical hasn't reflected well on either of us," he said.
    Khan, who has been relatively silent on Sunday's incident at a nightclub, today wrote a cryptic message to his Twitter followers, indicating his name has been needlessly dragged in the drama.

"Reading stuff and watching tv...Feel like I am the source & author of a Shakespearean farce...without the poetry or the prose of course!!!," SRK tweeted today without giving any details of his version on what happened.

Both Farah and Kunder had made it clear yesterday that they will not pursue the matter with the police.

4. puni88

After a tumultuous day of muck-flying and titanic tweeting battle-scarred party-bashers Shah Rukh Khan and Shrish Kunder called it a truce on Tuesday afternoon, courtesy Shrish's brother-in-law Sajid Khan and Shah Rukh's wife Gauri Khan.
    Apparently Sajid and Gauri called for a meeting at Shah Rukh Khan's residence Mannat between the two warring parties. Over a hot meal and cool discussion, the acrimony was wiped clean.
    Apparently Shah Rukh and Shirish have decided to start their rapport all over again.
    Confirming the reconciliation at Mannat Sajid Khan said, "Yes, I felt terrible about the ugly turn that the whole affair took. Shah Rukh and Shirish had a fight, agreed. But the media didn't have to play it up to the point of making it on the front of national newspapers."
    Getting sentimental Sajid Khan says, "Do you know when my sister Farah and Shirish got married there were only three witnesses. Me, Sajid Nadiadwala and Shah Rukh. We're family.And there're bound to be differences between family members. Yes, Gauri and I took the initiative.All of us met at Mannat over a meal.And it was all sorted out."
    Adds Farah Khan, "I can't begin to tell you how relieved I am. This had turned really ugly. And before it got uglier my brother took matters into his hands.Full credit to Gauri for making the reconciliation happen.When my brother asked her where we should meet she said Mannat ,because she said it's Farah's home. I am so moved."
    Farah says this is not only the end of the ugly spat between her husband and Shah Rukh, it is also a new beginning for her and Shah Rukh. "I really liked what he said. He made us promise to wipe out all the bitterness of the last two years and start afresh.I feel like a big burden is off my back."
    All is well that ends well.

1 person likes this.
  5. puni88

[​IMG]

So can we say, Nobody messes up King Khan!!!

1 person likes this.
  6. puni88

After getting so much response and headline news, thought of dedicating a separate thread for this incident.

2 people like this.
  7. puni88

Amul Butter ads at their humorous best!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. puni88

There are versions galore -- but Bollywood Badshah Shah Rukh Khan's alleged brashness towards filmmaker Shirish Kunder has left everyone startled. A lot is being said about their scuffle, but what exactly transpired is still a mystery.
    Shah Rukh himself tweeted Tuesday: "Reading stuff and watching tv... Feel like I am the source & author of a Shakespearean farce... without the poetry or the prose of course!!!"
    Shah Rukh allegedly roughed up editor-filmmaker Shirish, the other half of his former friend Farah Khan, in the wee hours of Monday morning during Sanjay Dutt's success party for "Agneepath".
    According to sources from the party, while guests were having a ball, at around 4.30 a.m., Shah Rukh entered the venue straight after the Filmfare awards with three of his bodyguards. He headed towards Shirish and roughed him up.
    An eyewitness recalled: "We didn't know what was happening. We saw SRK enter. Then we saw him head towards Shirish from behind the director. SRK pulled Shirish down to the ground by his long hair. We were all shocked. We had never seen SRK behave this way before.
    "Before anyone could react, Baba Dewan the owner of Aurus ran in and intervened. SRK told Dewan to keep out. Dewan said the place belonged to him and he must intervene. The fight would've been prolonged had Sanjay Dutt not pulled SRK away from the ugly scene."
    The shell-shocked Shirish apparently left immediately.
    A source close to Shirish gives a different take, saying: "Shah Rukh was smarting since Kunder made a sarcastic comment on SRK's 'RA.One' when it released. But the immediate provocation was apparently a comment that Kunder made about SRK and Priyanka Chopra at the party that SRK overheard. But that is hogwash. Kunder didn't say anything about Priyanka. Why would he? Everyone was there to celebrate a success, not to create ugliness."
    Farah, who was not present at the party, and was busy shooting for her acting debut "Shirin Farhad Ki Nikal Padi", was the first to talk about the fight. She was upset with the incident between her husband, and once thick friend Shah Rukh.
    "Shah Rukh has always told me that physical abuse is the worst way to sort out a problem and that it means the person who is hitting has either a professional or personal crisis going on and it saddens me to see him doing the same," Farah said in an official statement Monday.
    Farah and Shah Rukh were close friends - so much so that he didn't hesitate before giving a nod to her 2004 directorial debut "Main Hoon Na". It turned out to be a success, after which the duo repeated their success with "Om Shanti Om" in 2007.
    So far only Farah has spoken out against SRK's act, which perhaps happened while he was in an inebriated state, while Shirish took to Twitter to clarify that neither an FIR, nor a police complaint is being filed in this regard.
    Surprising as it may seem, several of the superstar's fans and colleagues are hailing Shah Rukh for it.
    "I know Shah Rukh since 'Baazigar' days. I know him as a well mannered, professional person. He is the finest gentleman from the industry. Unless someone provokes him to do something, he will not take any action. I give SRK the benefit of doubt," filmmaker Anant Mahadevan, told IANS.
    Popular celebrity photographer Dabboo Ratnani, who was present at Sanjay's party, said: "All I can say is that I support SRK 100 percent and beyond that, I don't wish to comment on this."
    Actress Ameesha Patel was all praises for Shah Rukh.
    She tweeted: "Shah Rukh is super rocking... Good he gave it to Shirish. People should learn to be grateful to King Khan, after all he has been so supportive to Farah. Glad @iamsrk told Shirish off and put him in place. SRK has done so much for Farah. They should be grateful and not abusing SRK.
    "People keep taking digs at @iamsrk and he continues to keep a dignified silence. But he is human and will also feel insulted. @iamsrk is too dignified and would never do anything unprovoked... he is too classy and a thorough gentleman."
    However, television actor Aman Verma took to Twitter to express his disappointment at the course of events saying: "Sad to see the reports in the paper about the SRK-SHIRISH scuffle... An industry, which promotes living in peace, has come down to this."
    The news of the fight has ignited fires on social networking websites, where people are sending out jokes and one-liners, hailing King Khan.
    A certain mohit_ak mohit wrote: "This is probably the only time "Shirish Kunder" has got so much attention ever since marrying Farah Khan #slapgate"
    Vikas Murarka, another twitterati, posted: "After Ra.One SRK ready to produce Kha.One. Budget to be approx. 200 cr. introducing Shirish Kunder."

9. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

SRK can take criticism from only one person, "himself". I dont think anyone else who crticized SRK survived in the industry without moving into the rival (Salman) camp.

Yup, there is also personal rivalry angle to this as Farah is no longer his best friend and has joined Salman camp.

10. puni88

Read that he might have vented all his anger from Hrithik & Gauri's hot pic on Sirish.
    There might be number of reasons for SRK to behave like this.
    This is not the first time he is acting like this.
    Many of close friends are leaving him and moving on, don't know whether his money & fame making him a bad person.

Hope he won't vent it out at Juhi for her comments on PC is dress during recent award function :)