Sridevi...the Legend Is No More!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:YES YOU R RIGHT. SHE WAS A GEM NON PERIL.
    2. I am one among millions of her fans the world over grown watching her films in Tamil and Hindi many times over. The dreaming chandini in transit, Siva Thandalam - dance -in film chandini after the tragedy to the hero was overwhelming and my family and I worn out our VCR In the years 1993-94. The detecting moving distant rail over the rails by her with kamal Hasan was a moving spectacle.
    3. Kudos to your thread lending opportunity to me to write about evergreen eternal superstar and hearthrob who raised the status of heroine at a time only baritone Amitabh & Sharuk were trying to rule the Hindi filmdom.
    Regards.
    God Bless! Us All Always.

2. Thyagarajan

:hello:Thanks for lending wonderful moment by the video song of late Padmasri Sridevi k.ayyappan.
    Regards.
    God Bless Us All Always.

3. Thyagarajan

:hello:In your opening sentence there is a hint of scepticism.
    2. Initial media announcement was she expired due to cardiac arrest. We were told autopsy
    being done. Why autopsy? If she had died only of cardiac arrest....
    Then it was followed by the news she died out of drowning. Visual autopsy
    certificate displayed in channels in support.
    Then it followed that she drowned In bath tub. Something incorrect?
    Thanks and Regards
    God Bless! Us All Always.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Gauri03 and uniquename like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

:hello:In certain quarters, it is believed actress Sridevi (மயில்லு) cardiac arrest the moment she came to know that chappani & parattai both turned politicians!
    Regards.
    God save the Nation and Bless Us All!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  5. uniquename

uniquename Senior IL'ite

She was an adult n d kind of profession she was in, I felt she wanted to maintain herself in competition with the other actresses of her era. N if it made her happy, who are we to judge. By the same token it brings to fore how fickle life is.
    She gave herself totally in bringing up her daughters and was a brilliant mother and wife. It goes without saying that she was an excellent actress n it is a huge loss to the entertainment industry.

sangeethakripa likes this.
  6. uniquename

uniquename Senior IL'ite

She was an all round actress, drama, comedy, dancing, action... u name it n she aced it. RIP. you will live in our memories

7. sunita1211

sunita1211 Silver IL'ite

I am in Mumbai and live in Lokhandwala. Her building is 5 minutes away from my home, and the number of people visiting here to see her is uncountable. It truly is a sad demise.

shravs3 and madras2018 like this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Though what Boney Kapoor dd to his first wife and kids is unforgivable..
    sometimes felt they were really not meant to be together.

It was Sridevi and Boney who were totally meant to be together.Sridevi had a doting husband and lovely daughters and her loss to them is irreplaceable.I feel so bad for Boney who lost his true love.

The daughters looking so helpless brings tears to one's eyes.Mom is mom...

9. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

It is a terrible tragedy. A self made woman, a gifted actress with a 50 yr career no less, vibrant personality with a loving family whose world revolved around her. Her death just seems so wrong ! I feel bad for her children whose young lives have been thrown in disarray now. They seemed very close to her, as they should and would. I also feel very bad for her husband - they really loved each other and I cant imagine how hard it must be for him and his kids. I appreciated the heartfelt note that he put out today.

With regards to cause of death it feels like this could be a case of alcohol reacting with prescription medicine (sleeping aids, pain meds, anti depressants or other such) - a deadly combination and something doctors warn about. Accidental drowning in the bathtub due to such issues has been seen in other high profile deaths (eg Whitney Houston). In other cases drug reactions are also known to have caused death - eg Brittany Murphy, Heath Ledger. It has also been reported that she was sick during the wedding, before she died. In any case, accidental death due to an unfortunate combination of factors seems to be the most likely cause.

We may never know the actual details, but I do wish it had been averted. Very sad. 54 is no age to die. She had so much going for her.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  10. ranju5

ranju5 Silver IL'ite

true it is still a big shock because she was only young and so vibrant. May she rest in peace. My prayers are for her daughters who will miss her terribly especially when Jhanvi's first film will be released. God bless them. I cant even imagine the sorrow and the heart break that family is going through!

joylokhi and madras2018 like this.