Spotting/no bleeding - Period delay

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by AnithaPartha, May 29, 2013.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,
    For the past 3yrs (since my delivery), I was having regular periods. Though I've 2-3 days delay here & there, I always get cramps and bleeding right away after cramps. But, this time it was getting delayed for more than 2w 2 days (preg test negative). Blood test results, hormone tests are all normal. Last 2 days, I see reddish spotting, more reddish when I wipe through tissue. No cramps, no bleeding. But, a lot of tiredness, thigh pain and all the period related symptoms but I hate this kind of spotting.

In the result, dr identified yeast infection for me & prescribed a pill. Yeast infection will delay periods? any idea

Anyone faced this situation? Please let me know

2. pavithrakutty

pavithrakutty Bronze IL'ite

dear anithapartha, don't worry:) my frnd having same thing so she also done preg test-negative,BT,pap every thing is normal this month around 4 to 5 days she was suffering from spotting after bleeding occur feel so tiredness,mainly breast pain doctor said that hormonal change but doc did do any test regarding to hormon and now she is suffering from pimples(due to hormonal change) two days before she talk to doc via phone about this she said that it is old blood no pbm body"s natural cleaning process last year she got miscarriage so she is highly worried now she ttc.her doc told that no pbm wait for others reply

3. AnithaPartha

Thanks for the concern Pavithra !
    I've a 3yr old boy and since my delivery my periods was very regular. All of sudden why this spotting, delayed periods we're not sure. We're also trying for 2nd baby and at this time, delayed periods is so frustrating. Dr, said brown discharge is old blood. Let me see how long this spotting goes for.

4. pavithrakutty

hi anithapartha,she also consulted a gyn in usa but that doc said that don't worry no pbm due to over steers it may occur she is also waiting for next period due to this spotting she is very sad and no confidence for ttc any way i want to help her waiting for others reply:)

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  5. upavi

upavi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

My hugs to u...my frnd also has same problem...but dr says its candida..is tat one u r talking abt as infections..then i ll give diet methods which she follows..nw it has come down to some extent indeed she has got her regular periods nw..dont worry much abt it..

6. pavithrakutty

thanks upavi:) but my frnd done pap the result was normal the gyn said that no infection so decided to vist other gyn.my frnd usually get period around 25 days but the pbm is frist 3/4 days only spotting after that normal bleeding now she is ttc i want to help her can u plz mention above diet method so that i call tell her waiting for u r reply:)

7. upavi

upavi Gold IL'ite

Hi pavithra,

Since my friend has candida yeast infection she doesnt take any food items with yeast like bread, idly, dosa but some say tat yeast in idly & dosa is naturally formed so it can be taken but she avoids it. No white devils ( white bread, white rice, sugar). No sweet tasting veggies like carrot, beetroot & potato. No tamarind, red chilles & green chillies.for spicing up she includes black peppper & green pepper.She takes probiotics. When she was in strict diet she didnt even take fruits (since fruits has sugar in it),yogurt. But she followed the strict diet for 2-3 days or week because of following it she had some candida die- off symptoms. But by grace of god she was better in 2-3 days. Now she doesnt follow strict diet. She takes homemade curd, fruits like berries, Avacodo. Big no to sweets & chocos...she eats more veggies. Hope it helps ur frind.

Foods To Eat On The Candida Diet | The Candida Diet

8. pavithrakutty

9. AnithaPartha

Hey Ladies,
    Thanks for all your support. I got my periods naturally, though initially it started with spotting but really turned to bleed and am happy I don't need to take any pill to bring in my periods. And also delayed periods, forced me to take blood work, pap smear which was pending and all came normal. I cancelled my dr appointment. What makes me wonder is, I don't have cramps this time.

Thanks all for your replies.

1 person likes this.
  10. upavi

upavi Gold IL'ite

Hi anithapartha,

Thank god...i now how difficult wen p doesnt cm...good thou u didnt have cramps...after seeing ur post tat reminds me my long pending pap needs to b done...

1 person likes this.