Spotting/light Bleeding Almost 10 Months After Delivery

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by teejay, Sep 6, 2016.

1. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

Hi

I delivered my DS last november.it was a normal delivery with episiotomy. I had my MIL to help me for 40 days and then I was on my own managing household chores and taking care of my baby. Got my periods 5 months after i had my son. lasted 5-10 days.got it again after 2 weeks...the pattern continued on and off. I had light bleeding /sptting inbetwwen for days on end and consulted my gynec in May.she says its quiet normal and asked me not to worry. it was all good for some time and i thought my cycle wass back to normal. But for the past 10 days i am having the spotting issue . I had my AF around 6th August and the spotting started around 24th august. This has started to get me worried. is this normal? should i wait it out for couple more months or go see a gynec immediately?

PS: i dont have any pain..just the light bleeding and i recently started exercising. mild ones mostly brisk walking. could that be a problem?

2. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

hum...I always suffer from light bleeding if I start any new exercise routine or say overdo my dance classes.

or when I physically exhaust myself! I would say its is common when you start doing any physical activity.

however, consult a gynec if you are worried

teejay likes this.
  3. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot beautifullife30 for your reply. probably will wait for few more days and then see a gynec. let me see if any one else responds to this thread.

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Even I had a those tough cycles after delivery. Mine was c section and my body was ready to bring up periods pretty fast.. Like monthly cycles.. But it became worst like 2-3 days gap with 4-5 days of periods.. Ended up taking bcp for a while to bring a control.
    Your body is trying to go back to monthly routine and new exercise must have given little disturbance. Watch out for few more days. Then meet your gynec.
    When is your cycle due for the month? Sometimes it goes crazy around expected period days..

teejay likes this.
  5. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

Thanks @Vasumathy. i should have got my AF around September 6. but the light bleeding continues.

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Have a word with your doc then. These regular bleeding will make you feel inconvenient. Drains the HB levels too.

7. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

Yup. planning to ask my gynec. have booked an appointment. Thanks : )

Vasumathy likes this.