Spiritual Molecule

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Viswamitra, May 2, 2019.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir @Cheeniya:

Please don't feel that way as I have been hearing about it only for the past few years and seriously started researching about it only for six months. Several decades back, this was a major scientific research until the federal government put that under scheduled drug. Now for the past 10 years, they are allowing a few research centers to investigate the psychedelic experiences on human subjects. A major one is happening in New York and another in the United Kingdom. Your upbringing as a good boy would have resisted your mind from entering into stage 2. Himalayas mountain range is full of such stimulants and only those saints know where to find them. It is in leaves, stems of the trees, etc. Ayahuasca tea in Amazon region is very famous for exploring it and a detailed video is posed by @Amulet in Never Mind......

My purpose is to find how to enhance secretion of DMT in natural ways without delivering a baby or dying. The methods I found are deep meditation, controlling breath to 4X per minute, certain yogic practices, stimulating 6th and 7th Chakras, etc. Magic Mushrooms, plants, etc. provide only temporary spiritual elevation and understand who we really are. But I already have my family members understand me when I speak in normal circumstances and if I ingest any of them, they would admit me in the mental asylum. I won't recommend you to venture any of them either.

Viswa

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Good idea. There are plenty of sci. interest in endogenous opioids; people want to know why/how they are generated within, and how they help. And ultimately understand the biochemistry of the "mind".
    N, N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT), an Endogenous Hallucinogen: Past, Present, and Future Research to Determine Its Role and Function
    excerpt from the above: The experiences derived from the administration of hallucinogens are often compared to dream states. However, the experience of administered hallucinogenic substances is far more intense, robust and overwhelming than the subtlety of mere dreams. By comparison, the natural biochemical processes for our related “hallucinatory” experiences are obviously far more highly regulated, occurring as an orchestrated and inherent function of the “normal” brain.
    Ethnobotanists in India might have more classified information on the plants and herbs in the himalayan regions of India and Nepal, as well as how the locals use it.

I wonder how the Ayahuasca leaves would taste if cooked to 3 whistles in a prestige cooker, mashed, salted and a Tadka of gingelly oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad, some cut green chilis, ginger, and curry leaves added on top, and served as a side for a meal. A serving of this in a meal, and an afternoon post-prandial nap, can get a person happy hallucinations, for sure. [ I looked at images of the leaves, it appears that the central nerve should be taken out -- much like preparing a betel leaf for making paan.]

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

Honestly, I did not know what/how to respond when I read your post - it indeed is an extremely complex subject, but decided to post my thoughts anyways. Thanks to my association with the yoga community, this topic often comes up - the magic mushrooms and the like, the breathing techniques, asanas etc! When I teach, I rarely offer to teach breathing techniques - personal preference because of various reasons. Even in asana, I try to understand not just the physical benefits but like to understand other benefits, observe a student while doing the pose etc. Anyways, mind is fascinating, no doubt about that! I understand everything you have written and my struggle is about 'after'....is it possible to reach that level with every single sitting of meditation or yoga? What happens if we can't? How do we handle that? When does something become a crutch and when does it become a natural state of being? I understand that cannot become a deterrent to try even. We should try, I have no doubt about it. I also know of many people who have found a balance of what works for them and do that on a regular basis - ah that balance! May be that is why we have the concept of Guru, I wonder and often!

4. Viswamitra

@Amulet,

Isn't Ayahuasca a beaten up tree stem? I am not sure what leaves they add to it in the video you shared besides banana leaves to cover on top.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Dear Sabitha,

When I commenced the research, I didn't know head or tail of the subject and I just kept going with a single focus of knowing how the spiritual growth can happen biologically through some persistent effort. I know some believe a handful of Shiva worshipers in Waranasi are regular consumers of weed to focus their attention to Shiva worship and similarly the saints in Himalayas use some herbal leaves to control their appetite and desires. But most I believe experience direct perception of divinity through yogic practices, meditation, etc. For grahasthas like us, we need to find ways and means to feel more spiritual. Staying in flow state consistently, breath control throughout the day, unconditional love to the fellow-beings, etc. might help. In my view, watching the nature is the best way we can learn many techniques. Who is teaching monkeys to find magic mushrooms? Trial and error appears to be the best option for self-discovery.

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Most commonly it is extracted from the root bark. The brown rolled up thing you see in the video. There are many internet recipes for how to coax the DMT out of the root with sodium hydroxide, and then extracting the DMT into an organic solvent like naphtha or petroleum ether. The banana leaves on top is a usual cooking method to have the steam go back into the soup or stew. The other semi dry leaves (if from the Ayahuasca plant) may also have the molecule, but all the internet info for DIY-DMT is from Mimosa hostilis bark.

I expect you to go to the World Ayahuasca Conference, coming up in about 3 weeks, put up your hand from the audience, and ask some questions:
    World Ayahuasca Conference 2019

7. Viswamitra

@Amulet,

I don't mind attending and sharing what I learn provided you promise to find those wonderful kitchen appliances to make Ayahuasca tea at home just like what you did for Amulet Coffee. :beer-toast1:

satchitananda and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

If those people sitting around the large open vessel, adding more water as the tea/soup/kashayam kept losing water to evaporation, etc.. could just think of getting a pressure cooker, even an aluminium one, the whole Ayahuasca Tea business would'a been done in an hour instead of taking days.
    At home, you'd obviously go for an instant pot to make the mash. And use a French-Press to get the brew separated from the sludge. Serve with suggestive biscuits--dinosaurs, animals, and regular object shapes are popular with kids -- to seed good dreams.

9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

moved....<==click this link to go where it's been moved

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

That is a very informative post, Viswa! I have heard of Ayahuasca in a couple of documentaries pertaining to treatment of cancer by the shamans in the Amazon. It was really good to read the physiological explanation for the experiences.

Like you said, the birth, death, NDE experiences etc. can be well explained and understood when explained this way. However, it also gives rise to some other questions.

How much potential does this have to get addictive? What happens if one experiences such bliss too often and hs to keep coming to reality each time? Wouldn't that be very painful. Am really glad Avahuasca is not available in this part of the world, otherwise I might have been tempted to try it!!! :p

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.